PowerCADD new document window at launch

PowerCADD & WildTools
DavidScottOrkney

PowerCADD new document window at launch

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:42 pm

One for Todd.

I think it would be good to have a Preferences option to either have the New Document window appear at PowerCADD launch, or not- as I would prefer.

I find that my usual method of starting work is to launch PowerCADD from the dock and then head for the Open Recent menu item from the File menu. However, doing that results in greyed out menus. I then have to go to the New Document window and close it. I also find that with the (excellent) Open Recent menu I never use the "Open Existing File…" button in that window. All that button does is give you a navigation window- you might as well just go there from the Finder. However, I realise having multiple ways of doing things is common practice.

The other thing is that if you launch PowerCADD and forget the New Document window is open and then go to a Finder window and open a PowerCADD file, it will open, but confusingly PowerCADD displays the file but no floating palettes are displayed and all menus are greyed out. You have to close the drawing window and then close the New Document window before you can do anything. Sometimes that rogue New Document window is hiding behind another application or finder window and you have to Command/Tab into PowerCADD to get to it.

Thanks

David

gwjohnson

Re: PowerCADD new document window at launch

Post by gwjohnson » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:55 pm

I have one other minor issue related to opening existing files.

I tend to use the same method as David for finding a recent PC file, however rather than going to the File Menu, with many other applications (not all though) I can right click the application icon in the dock to see recently opened files. This has not worked for PC for some time, showing the same list of files which I haven't opened for ages.

Perhaps that can be added to the list of more minor issues which could be addressed at some point.

Greg

Rik Negus

Re: PowerCADD new document window at launch

Post by Rik Negus » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Yes no new document window on start up PLEASE! ability to turn off.
Also when opening a new document ie: dwg file conversion, PLEASE turn off snap and grid lines.

"for finding a recent PC file, however rather than going to the File Menu, with many other applications (not all though) I can right click the application icon in the dock to see recently opened files" Thirty years using a Mac and I have just learned this.