Blossom Palette

PowerCADD & WildTools
gwjohnson

Blossom Palette

Post by gwjohnson » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:20 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else uses the Blossom Palette? I customized one which I have used for many years, finding it useful to minimize screen clutter. However its operation seems to have changed recently. If I am not mistaken, it previously disappeared after you called it up and selected a tool, whereas now it stays open and I have to close it manually. Perhaps there is some option I have set incorrectly?

Greg

Matt_A

Blossom Palette

Post by Matt_A » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:59 pm

On the subject of the blossom palette:

I would like to add a feature request as follows:

I would like it if I could set the palette to always be full open. Not have to fly open with a click to find the tool I want.

Most programs that I use these days keep all the tools visible at the same time. I think I am using a screen that is about (edit) 12 times the size of the screen that PowerCADD first made its appearance on. I have the real estate, and this would be a very handy way to save time.

This request is specifically for the blossom (or any custom) palette. The normal tool palettes were not designed to be used this way since the number of tools in each row is related to similar functions rather than to keeping the rows relatively equal in size and filled up.

DavidScottOrkney

Blossom Palette

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:08 am

The real power of Blossom (and its main purpose) is for a palette of frequently used tools to bloom anywhere on screen. If you assign a key command to Blossom, you can hit that key or key combination and your tools appear right where you're drawing. It also auto-opens the palette so all you need to do is select the tool you want. It saves long trips to the main tool palettes when you're working with giant screens.

David

PS I do agree, that the ability to have regular Custom Palettes always 'open' would be a useful addition. If they had that ability I'd probably use them.

Rik Negus

Blossom Palette

Post by Rik Negus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:22 pm

To have Blossom open all the time, go to Window and click on Blossom

To have Blossom appear only when desire at the cursor tip use a key command, I use `

Matt_A

Blossom Palette

Post by Matt_A » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:34 pm

I meant to say Expanded all the time, I should have been more clear.

EONorton

Blossom Palette

Post by EONorton » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:01 pm

I don't see an option for the Blossom Pallette. I'm running version 9.1.8 and am trying to find a way to do a "revision cloud". When googling I found an old site for PowerCADD 7 that mentioned the Blossom Pallette but I can't find it in my version. Any ideas? Or if not the Blossom Pallette, any way to do a revision cloud without drawing a custom Bezier shape?

Thanks!

patrickm

Blossom Palette

Post by patrickm » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:58 pm

You might look at the PC documentation, pages 178 & 179. You can get to the documentation while in PC, but selecting Help>PowerCADD Documentation.

gwjohnson

Blossom Palette

Post by gwjohnson » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:07 pm

You need to check "Blossom" under Preferences > Loader. The Blossom Palette should then show up under the Window pull-down menu.

By the way, the Cloud Tool is a standard tool in in WildTools — I wasn't sure if you have WildTools?

Greg

huc

Blossom Palette

Post by huc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:33 pm

EONorton wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:01 pm
I don't see an option for the Blossom Pallette. I'm running version 9.1.8 and am trying to find a way to do a "revision cloud". When googling I found an old site for PowerCADD 7 that mentioned the Blossom Pallette but I can't find it in my version. Any ideas? Or if not the Blossom Pallette, any way to do a revision cloud without drawing a custom Bezier shape?
There a few different items related to your post
  • Latest version of PowerCADD is 9.1.10 which you can get from this link http://www.engsw.com/products/powercadd ... -5-update/
  • The Revision Cloud tool you're describing is not specifically related to the Blossom feature/tool palette (you might have added it to your custom Blossom Tool palette). Blossom requires a custom key command be assigned to access that palette. The Revision Bubble Tool is part of the Notations Tool palette:
    • Choose Window menu -> Notation Tools to open that tool palette
    • Click Revision Tool icon from bottom of that palette (Option+Click to set tool options)
    • More info on page 164 & 168 of the PowerCADD manual (Help menu -> PowerCADD documentation)
  • Blossom is a separate feature as described by PatrickM's reply
  • As noted in Greg's reply, WildTools has the Cloud Tool which is available from the main WildTools Palette (or you might have added it to a custom Blossom palette) and is effectively the same as PowerCADD's Notations > Bubble Tool albeit with more bells and whistles.
I hope that helps
Cheers
Huc