iPadOS

Tell us what you want
bellarchitect

iPadOS

Post by bellarchitect » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm

It would be great to have the ability to open and read PowerCADD documents on my iPad or iPhone. At this point, I need to save them as PDF's and open them. I sometimes get requests from clients to send them a PDF of a file. If I am out, and if I have not saved that specific file as a PDF, I have to wait until I get back to the office or get to my laptop to save the file as a PDF. That would be a big time saver and useful tool to have on the go. Greatly appreciate any future efforts on this. Thanks for considering! Frank

Steve Woolf

iPadOS

Post by Steve Woolf » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:06 am

PowerCadd Viewer for iOS:

I agree! We store our drawings in the cloud but cannot access them on our mobile devices. I wonder if progress on this issue has been thwarted by the presumption that a mobile PowerCadd app should enable us to create and edit drawings on our phones and pads. I believe that's not what is primarily needed or appropriate for mobile devices. I do believe a PowerCadd Viewer app that opens PowerCadd files on iOS only for viewing, sharing and printing would be most welcome.

We can create PDFs from PowerCadd on our Macs, save them to a cloud and access them from our mobile devices, but most of the time, when drawings are still works in progress, we don't have PDFs of current status unless we are preparing for a scheduled presentation. What's missing is the ability to view and share our work on the fly, at any stage of completion, at any time and place, on any device.

For viewing we'd need only the parts of PowerCadd that control what appears in the drawing window -- Sheet list for sure, Layer list and layer visibility, zoom, perhaps show/hide page breaks, possibly wysiwyg line weights. The app would support viewing, sharing, saving the views to pdf or image, and printing. It would not support editing or changing any data normally saved with the file.

Todd, Alfred, what do you think?