Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

Tell us who you are, where you live, what you do....
snydmax

Post by snydmax » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:15 am

Hello all, I've been using PowerCADD since my first job out of Architecture school in '06. Had a brief tenure on the dark side with a firm that jumped on the REVIT bandwagon, but when I stepped out on my own I went back to PowerCADD... been using PowerCADD 6 for years until my old '08 iMac finally bit the dust a couple weeks ago. I was still running snow leopard! :lol:

So, here we are, just got PowerCADD 9 up and running on my new machine. Glad to find an active forum of likeminded folks.

-Matt-

RTCool

Post by RTCool » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:33 pm

snydmax wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:15 am
I was still running snow leopard! :lol:
Wow! I thought I was slow to move up. Back in the '80s and '90s, I was always first to get the latest and greatest, but not any more. Now I'm deliberately at least one if not more OSs behind.

snydmax

Post by snydmax » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Well, I had just gone out on my own and cash was slim when the os upgrade beyond Snow Leopard rendered PC6 (and most of my other productivity software) obsolete. So I just stuck with Snow Leopard... fast forward and I never moved on because everything was working just fine and I didn't have to waste time learning the new, well anything! When the old iMac bit the dust we were forced to come into the present. I too tend to lag an update or two behind on most things these days, allowing the more eager to work out the bugs before I get on board.

It's sure nice to have a happy healthy, appropriately RAM'd machine again! "startup disk full" was a daily occurrence