David Stovall

Tell us who you are, where you live, what you do....
Davydd

David Stovall

Post by Davydd » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Time really flies! I've been retired from Architecture for 12 years but have been playing around with SketchUp today designing my next camper van. That's about all I do now with CAD. So, in taking a break I was wondering if the old PowerCADD forum came back as it usually had in the past. Nada, so I Googled Engineered Software and found this forum. PowerCADD left me long ago with MacOS updates and the fact that I long ago acceded into management and never since had hands on drawing opportunities in an office.

I was a first 100 day Macintosh buyer and user and welcomed the WYSIWYG environment so much that Apple took notice and I got a call back in 1987 from Cupertino asking me if I was willing to be a part of a new online service yet unnamed that would become Applelink Personal Edition and later America Online. I created the Macintosh Graphic Arts & CAD forum and my moniker was AFL MacArt. That's how I first became aware of Engineered Software and Bill Stanley. I had a job to know everything about graphic arts and CAD whether I sought it out or it came to me. I was one of the first to use, but more importantly, review PowerDraw for a magazine.

Alfred Scott

David Stovall

Post by Alfred Scott » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:15 pm

David,

Wonderful to know that you are still around.

The PowerCADD forum at Design Community was plagued with spam that often had it shut down. Then in early April it was hit with a ransomware attack. Kevin Matthews is working on getting it back up, but it’s a slow and difficult process.

Alfred

RTCool

David Stovall

Post by RTCool » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:26 pm

David,

Good to hear from you again. I remember GEnie and the transition to ALPE/AOL with your invitation to us all.

I'm WAY invested in SketchUp now. I've been teaching it to high school students for 6 years and seminars on two occasions for AIA/Connecticut. In the past 9 months, I've forced myself to venture into Layout a bit, but it feels like such a toy compared to PowerCADD. PC is still my main 2D tool after 31 years.

Rob

John Bushey

David Stovall

Post by John Bushey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:07 pm

David,

Any updates on the your quest for the best pork tenderloin sandwich? My inlays are in Indiana so I get to have one a couple times a year, but I sure wish I could find one in the Twin Cities! Are you still in the lake Minnetonka area?

John

Davydd

David Stovall

Post by Davydd » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:03 am

John,

I lived in my house, I designed and built, for 34 years then got pissed at the architect for designing a 5 level house without a bathroom on the main open living level. ;) So, I moved 5 miles west to Victoria for single level living and no exterior maintenance. :)

Still pursuing the deep-fried breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches. In fact I created a Facebook group, Pursuing the Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, which has ballooned to 30,000 members.