Hello Fellow PowerCADD Users

Tell us who you are, where you live, what you do....
JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:31 pm

I have been using PowerCADD since 2004. I am a die-hard Mac user and refuse to go to the other side. I wanted to find a software that was as close to looking like my hand drawn landscape plans as possible. Then I found PowerCADD and WildTools.

I am a Landscape Architect in Grand Rapids, Michigan and work primarily with architects, civil engineers and contractors. I have used SketchUp a little but find modeling landscapes tedious. I'm not giving up though.

I have a Wacom Cintiq and hope to use that with PowerCADD as well. Anyone have experience with a Wacom Cintiq and PowerCADD yet? Would love to know how it’s going.

Glad this forum is back. I missed everyone.

Thank you!!

Joyce E. Weise ASLA

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi Joyce, I started with PC6 many years ago.

I use a Wacom Bamboo Model CTE-450 with my Mac (Sierra for now). I'm on a 2016 15" MBP TouchBar.

I also use the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock to connect my monitor to my laptop. I found I needed to connect the Wacom directly to the Thunderbolt 3 ports because the cursor would jump unexpectedly when connected through the OWC device. I bought one of Apple’s USB 2 to USB 3 connectors to use. Hope this helps.

Frank

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:54 am

Hi Joyce, Matt Arnold here, long time PowerCADD user, I have a Cintiq too.. now if we could just get voice activated commands I could get rid of the dang keyboard..

JoyceWeise

Re: Hello Fellow PowerCADD Users

Post by JoyceWeise » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi Matt,

Do you use your Cintiq all the time with PowerCADD? Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Joyce

RTCool

Re: Hello Fellow PowerCADD Users

Post by RTCool » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 pm

I've used Wacom tablets with PC since about 1993. Currently on an Intuos Pro Medium. Works great with PC. Works great with Photoshop. A little trickier with SketchUp, but I've worked out my methods to cope.

For the past several years, multiple Mac's and different OS versions, I can't seem to get pressure sensitivity to work with the Wild Tools brush tool. I know I've worked with it in the past. Alfred swears it isn't broken, so I've never gotten a solution. Does it work for everyone else?

Rob