Update of PowerCADD for MacOS Catalina

PowerCADD & WildTools
EduardoJB

Re: Update of PowerCADD for MacOS Catalina

Post by EduardoJB » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Does anyone know if I'm already running Mojave in the computer AND also in a Parallel virtual machine, but want to upgrade to Big Sur (or the next OS) leaving the Parallels virtual machine to run PowerCADD, can I do the upgrade and the virtual machine will remain as is? Or... if I buy a new computer this year that will come with Monterey, and want to migrate from the older one, will it migrate the Parallels virtual machine with Mojave and PowerCADD without problems? Thank you...

pjmeli

Re: Update of PowerCADD for MacOS Catalina

Post by pjmeli » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Catalyst wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:03 am
Paul, with PC9 running on an older mac mini, are you able to work off the same Mac computer you use running post Mojave software? I was thinking about doing the same thing, but not sure how the two would interface.

Steve H
I just saw this post 8 months late…apologies
Not sure what you're asking though and I suspect you've figured it out by now…

I'm running PowerCadd on the 2014 mini (Mojave)
I run everything else on my 2018 Mini (Catalina)
I have a Dropbox on the 2018 Mini with all my files on a 1TB external drive (Thunderbolt), and I connect via SMB from the older Mini.
The drive that came with the Mini (256GB SSD) has never been used except to install Catalina on the external SSD which is paired with a 1TB spinner for backup using Time Machine.

I've been using this setup for two years with no issues.

I'm jonesing for an M! Mini to play around with, will probably go for it when the compatible version of VMWare comes out…

Regards
Paul