WildTools Developments

PowerCADD & WildTools
Alfred Scott

Re: WildTools Developments

Post by Alfred Scott » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:33 pm

I have just uploaded a new copy of WildTools 10.6.

In PowerCADD, select WildTools Updates from the Help menu.

This will take you to a web page for WildTools 10.6.

Click on Download WildTools Development Version link.

Recent changes:

Expiration Dates
Expiration dates for new features pushed out into the future.

WildTools 3D—3D Extension Dimension Tool
This tool is buggy, and I can’t figure out how to fix it. It works fine, places a good dimension, and then you often get a crash. Best approach is to use the tool, save and then switch to another tool.

Code Signing
Code signing is turned off now, so you will get a warning from the system.

Expiration Dates

I have deleted a proposed Fence Cut tool. I was not able to get it working right.

I have previously included MattTools and DerekTools, but they are not included here.

I have previously included SimpleTools which was intended as a replacement set of tools for PowerCADD, but I’ve eliminated this. Instead it makes sense to wait to see what changes will be made to PowerCADD.

Doors & Windows—Window Pane/Muntin Tool
There is a new Window Pane/Muntin tool included with a concept from Matt Arnold. The idea is that you can create window panes and muntins by drawing an enclosing rectangle. It’s important to set the scale of the drawing to something sensible for the size of windows.

I’m sure you are all aware of the announcement of the collaboration between Engineered Software and PowerCADD and AutoDesSys and FormZ. This is a wonderful development. Ten years ago, working with David Kropp at AutoDesSys we developed the ability to Copy in PowerCADD and Paste in FormZ with the OpenClip format that we worked out, and I’m encouraging and hoping that the ability to Copy in FormZ and Paste in WildTools can be hooked up again. This was working once and the programming is still in PowerCADD and WildTools to handle this, and you can experiment with these capability with the OpenClip Viewer App which you can find at www.openclip.net where all of this is discussed.

You may be amused to check out Bozo Technology which you can turn on in the WildTools preferences. It provides a mechanism to ‘encourage’ you to update to a new version of PowerCADD that might be offered at some point in the future. It is harmless and annoying and you can simply delete the silly extra objects placed in the drawing.

Picture Frame Tool
Added photo of Phil Loheed.

Text Tool—WildTools
Eliminated ‘classic’ Text tool, which placed obsolete text objects in the drawing.

Nuts & Bolts
Fixed Canadian square tube error.
Fixed depictions of flat and oval head 3D screws.
Changed drawing of 3D threads from polygons to Beziers.

Thicken Tool—WildTools
3D Thicken Tool—WildTools 3D
Perspective Thicken Tool—PerspectiveTools

Now produces Beziers from circles, arcs, rotated ellipses, etc.

Plan Title Tool—Doors & Windows
Fixed crash.

Alfred

Alfred P. Scott
5407 Patterson Ave, Suite 202B
Richmond
VA 23226

(804) 353-1713
cell (804) 690-4591
alfred@seqair.com
alfred.scott@me.com
www.seqair.com

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:24 am

Hi Alfred. BozoTech has kicked in again. Can you set an alarm for this? :idea:

Thanks

David

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:33 pm

I've just updated it.

It expires on the first of each month, so maybe send me a note a few days before.

Alfred

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:45 pm

maybe send me a note a few days before
Maybe you're just not paying your PA enough. ;)

David

lava

Post by lava » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 am

speaking of Canadian standards, was there ever a request for the addition of Robertson (square drive) screw heads? How about Torx - has become super common in structural wood screws.
Greg La Vardera
www.lamidesign.com

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:42 pm

lava wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 am
speaking of Canadian standards, was there ever a request for the addition of Robertson (square drive) screw heads? How about Torx - has become super common in structural wood screws.
All there. Including TimberLOK and HeadLOK.

www.seqair.com/WildTools/NutsBolts/Shee ... Screw.html

Alfred

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 pm

I have just uploaded a new copy of WildTools 10.6.

In PowerCADD, select WildTools Updates from the Help menu.

This will take you to a web page for WildTools 10.6.

Click on Download WildTools Development Version link.

Recent changes:

Expiration Dates

WildTools 3D—3D Extension Dimension Tool
This tool is buggy, and I can’t figure out how to fix it. It works fine, places a good dimension, and then you often get a crash. Best approach is to use the tool, save and then switch to another tool.

Code Signing
Code signing is turned off now, so you will get a warning from the system.

Expiration Dates

I have deleted a proposed Fence Cut tool. I was not able to get it working right.

I have previously included MattTools and DerekTools, but they are not included here.

I have previously included SimpleTools which was intended as a replacement set of tools for PowerCADD, but I’ve eliminated this. Instead it makes sense to wait to see what changes will be made to PowerCADD.

Doors & Windows—Window Pane/Muntin Tool
There is a new Window Pane/Muntin tool included with a concept from Matt Arnold. The idea is that you can create window panes and muntins by drawing an enclosing rectangle. It’s important to set the scale of the drawing to something sensible for the size of windows.

I’m sure you are all aware of the announcement of the collaboration between Engineered Software and PowerCADD and AutoDesSys and FormZ. This is a wonderful development. Ten years ago, working with David Kropp at AutoDesSys we developed the ability to Copy in PowerCADD and Paste in FormZ with the OpenClip format that we worked out, and I’m encouraging and hoping that the ability to Copy in FormZ and Paste in WildTools can be hooked up again. This was working once and the programming is still in PowerCADD and WildTools to handle this, and you can experiment with these capability with the OpenClip Viewer App which you can find at www.openclip.net where all of this is discussed.

You may be amused to check out Bozo Technology which you can turn on in the WildTools preferences. It provides a mechanism to ‘encourage’ you to update to a new version of PowerCADD that might be offered at some point in the future. It is harmless and annoying and you can simply delete the silly extra objects placed in the drawing.

Picture Frame Tool
Added photo of Phil Loheed.

Text Tool—WildTools
Eliminated ‘classic’ Text tool, which placed obsolete text objects in the drawing.

Nuts & Bolts
Fixed Canadian square tube error.
Fixed depictions of flat and oval head 3D screws.
Changed drawing of 3D threads from polygons to Beziers.

Thicken Tool—WildTools
3D Thicken Tool—WildTools 3D
Perspective Thicken Tool—PerspectiveTools

Now produces Beziers from circles, arcs, rotated ellipses, etc.

Plan Title Tool—Doors & Windows
Fixed crash.

Alfred

Alfred P. Scott
5407 Patterson Ave, Suite 202B
Richmond
VA 23226

(804) 353-1713
cell (804) 690-4591
alfred@seqair.com
alfred.scott@me.com
www.seqair.com

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:05 pm

A window muntin tool???? Oh my that sounds awesome.... Hoping it'll allow us to generate 5/8" muntins for those wonderful Greek Revival homes... Now to get it working on the latest Mac system!

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 pm

Thank you Alfred for being proactive with the end of the month coming at us so fast.

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:07 pm

Hi Alfred,

Happy New Year!

Saw the yellow highlighted tools and realized it was time to update WildTools. Not nagging, just a reminder.

Thank you in advance for the update.

Bill