Mirror Tool

PowerCADD & WildTools
Keith Renton

Mirror Tool

Post by Keith Renton » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:56 am

Hi all,

I've had a long standing problem with the WildTools Mirror tool. Here's what happens, often when I'm zoomed in close to objects and try to use the Mirror tool I get the thud noise indicating that action is not possible, the work around involves having to zoom out and then use the Mirror tool.

Not a big problem but just a bit of a pain having to zoom out then mirror and zoom back into that part of the drawing I'm working on. I haven't worked out at what level of zoom this occurs but generally when relative far in.

Am I unique? If not does anyone have a fix?

Keith

Alfred Scott

Mirror Tool

Post by Alfred Scott » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:28 pm

Keith,

My memory is not always what I would like it to be, so please help me a bit.

We have a Mirror Points tool in the Move Points row of WildTools. Is this the tool you are talking about? This tool works like the Move Points tool in that you first draw a selection rectangle around the vertices you want to mirror and then you click on a line to mirror the points about.

In checking the programming I see it will reject a reference object.

Before I looked at this I was thinking that perhaps the tool might be a direct action tool like the Reverse, Delete, Tornado, Divide or Scale tools. I seem to recall on some of these tools I may have a ‘size check’ where the thought would be that you would not want to act on an object that you could barely see and then wonder what the heck just happened?

So my very faulty memory/thought would be that the entire object should be entirely contained in the enclosing rectangle so that any object with all four corners of the object should be within the enclosing rectangle, and if not then reject it with a clanking sound.

If you see my brain anywhere, please throw a net over it and let me know....

Stupid in Richmond,

Alfred

Keith Renton

Mirror Tool

Post by Keith Renton » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am

Hi Alfred,

Sorry I've looked at this again and now realise that it is the native PowerCADD Mirror tool that is the problem (I've had F5 assigned as a key command for this tool for so long I didn't check which one it was!). So it's the "mirror" tool accessed from the drop down "edit" menu from the top tool bar that is giving me the problem, not a WildTool. My apologies for getting this wrong.

Many thanks

Keith