Linear Patterning Tool Stuck

PowerCADD & WildTools
morrieg

Post by morrieg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:15 pm

It seems that, no matter what symbol I set with the Symbol tool, the Linear Patterning tool is stuck always creating one particular symbol (which happens to be the first one in my symbol file). The Symbol tool alone pastes the selected symbol. Isn't the Linear Patterning tool supposed to create whatever the Symbol tool currently does (if I selected the symbol option for that tool). I can use the rubber stamp option with the Linear Patterning tool, option-click on some object, and that object is repeated, but I can't make it choose a symbol.

This is not specific to a particular drawing. The strange thing is, I thought this used to work the way I expected. So something broke.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:33 pm

I don't use this particular tool much, but have you read page 150 of the WT manual? I suspect your issue might something to do with whether you've set the tool to work with "markers", "rubber stamp", or "symbols" in the tool's options menu.
Last edited by patrickm on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:35 pm

It appears there is a bug as I'm observing the same behavior here.

When the Linear Patterning Tool is set to use a symbol it always uses the first symbol in the library even when another is selected. The error also shows in the Linear Patterning Tool's Options window that previews with the first symbol in the library.

PowerCADD v9.1.10 (Build SG10)
WildTools v10.1.3 v5
OS 10.13.6 High Sierra

morrieg

Post by morrieg » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Yes, always the first symbol in the library. The only way I could get around it is by using the symbol tool to create the symbol I wanted and then set the rubber stamp tool to that symbol.