Text Edit Window

PowerCADD & WildTools
jfindlay

Text Edit Window

Post by jfindlay » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi,

I'm using High Sierra (10.13.6) with PowerCADD 9.1.10 & have just run into a problem with the text edit window appearing partially off screen, so I can't move it to a place where I can access the control bar at the top. I assume it's the result of some system update, because I've never seen this before.

Any ideas on how to reset the window position, or move it?

Thanks,

patrickm

Re: Text Edit Window

Post by patrickm » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:55 am

I don’t have this problem, so just brainstorming: can you change the resolution of your monitor (temporarily), move the offending window, then change the resolution back?

Alfred Scott

Text Edit Window

Post by Alfred Scott » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Suggest use the Window menu to close then open the window.

You may also be able to move and resize the window by its edges.

Alfred

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi,

I've tried to find a way to bring the Text Edit window 'back on screen' but haven't found anything definitive that works. So maybe you'll have to 'Reset PowerCADD' from the Help menu.

But before that, I have found that if you resize the Text Edit window down to something very small using the window size button in the bottom right corner of the window, it will re-open positioned in the top left of the screen the next time you call/open it. By 'very small' I mean reducing it to just the title bar showing which may not be possible if yours is positioned way off screen.

So if you can, try re-sizing the window to the smallest you can, then close it by clicking outside it, select a text item and hit Cmd-E. If that doesn't work it's probably back to Reset PowerCADD.

Derek

jfindlay

Post by jfindlay » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Thank you for the responses.

The only way I was able to get the Text Edit window available again was to change the alignment of my screens (laptop and external monitor) so that the control bar of the window became visible again. Not sure how it got that way, but at least it's working now.

Thanks again!

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:15 am

This sometimes happens to me and the workaround I use is to go into System Preferences and click on Displays.
Then select the Scaled button under Resolution and select a Larger Text 'tile' to the left of Default. This resets PowerCADD's windows to a 'smaller' display size. Then when you go back to the Default setting all your floating windows should be visible and you can move them back to where you want them.

David