Switching machines

PowerCADD & WildTools
jfindlay

Switching machines

Post by jfindlay » Tue May 05, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi,

I'm switching from an older PowerBook to an iMac. I downloaded the PowerCADD demo, and entered my install code, but when I open files i get the message "This PowerCADD is already running on the network. Some functions have been disabled."

Any ideas on how to get past this?

Thank you,

DavidScottOrkney

Re: Switching machines

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Wed May 06, 2020 9:00 am

It sounds like PowerCADD is still running on your PowerBook connected to the same network as your new iMac. Did you Quit out of PowerCADD on the laptop before you ran PowerCADD on your iMac?
Also, you only need to download the update from here: http://www.engsw.com/products/powercadd ... -5-update/
The 'update' is in fact a full copy.

David

jfindlay

Post by jfindlay » Wed May 06, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Our machines aren't on a network, and this morning I started the iMac with PowerCADD before running anything on the PowerBook, and I get the same message. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

jfindlay

Post by jfindlay » Wed May 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Just for a quick update - if I turn off the wifi, then the software performs normally, but once the wifi is back on, the limited functionality returns.

Is it related to some unintended network sharing we have turned on? The only other machine with PowerCADD running is on a separate license.

Thanks for your help.

RTCool

Post by RTCool » Sun May 10, 2020 5:47 pm

It sounds like PowerCADD is finding another copy with the same license running on another machine on the network. Is there any way that could be happening?