Clarification-the future of PowerCadd

PowerCADD & WildTools
Hazel

Re: Clarification-the future of PowerCadd

Post by Hazel » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:52 pm

Would love to know when we might receive the next upgrade too, love using PowerCadd and don’t want to change.

pjmeli

Post by pjmeli » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:28 am

Probably shouldn't say this out loud but I'd pay double what ES/Wildtools has been charging for upgrades. There is literally no software that can do what PowerCadd can do overall especially when it comes to graphics/pdf at any price…
PowerCadd is the Swiss-army knife of Cad software…indispensable in my workflow…

Paul

pjmeli

Post by pjmeli » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Probably shouldn't say this out loud but I'd pay double what ES/Wildtools has been charging for upgrades. There is literally no software that can do what PowerCadd can do overall especially when it comes to graphics/pdf at any price…
PowerCadd is the Swiss-army knife of Cad software…indispensable in my workflow…

Paul

Scotch2

Post by Scotch2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi Todd, I'd gladly pay for an annual license as well. Been a user since 5 and love the program.

JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 pm

I too would love to hear what the future holds for PowerCadd and Wildtools and am happy to pay ahead of time for an upgrade if that helps.

It would be great to hear what the plans are and a timetable for the next release.

Thank you!!

Joyce E. Weise ASLA

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:12 am

Once again, Apple announces new products that we can only dream of using, due to our reliance on anachronistic software. Alas...

Keith Renton

Post by Keith Renton » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:44 am

I'm getting more depressed at the lack of communication from Pcadd and saddened at the thought of having to look elsewhere for a solution that will allow me to replace my ageing computers.

Please could we get some sort of indication that there is a future before, one by one, we are forced to go and spend our money elsewhere?

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:27 pm

The only potential option I see is that the new M1 iMacs may be so blazingly fast that running Mojave under Parallels (or the other virtulization software) is feasible, if overly complicated. Todd Stanley, its time to speak up with the full truth of what is happening or what is not happening.

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:02 pm

Based on the information at the link below, the latest version of Parallels Desktop does NOT support running Mojave (or any other old macOS) on Macs with the M1 processor.

https://www.parallels.com/eu/products/d ... ts-guestos

They say they are working on it but there is no timeframe given for when this will become available.

JaiCheswick

Post by JaiCheswick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:09 pm

Todd Stanley, its time to speak up with the full truth of what is happening or what is not happening.
Would be great to have some clarification.

Cheers Jai