Learning new things

PowerCADD & WildTools
Rik Negus

Learning new things

Post by Rik Negus » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:39 pm

So it is over 30 years that I have been using this program almost daily and there are still things to learn in it.

I downloaded the latest WildTools pdf and begin reading it and I discover on page 3

"However, the real power of the Edit Window is the ability to edit the current operation on the fly. While you are in the process of drawing, you can press the Tab key to interrupt the drawing process, enter information in the Edit Window, and then click the mouse outside the Edit Window or press the Enter key to complete the operation."

The Edit window is always open and I use it continuously and yet I never knew about this feature.

Yes you can teach an old dog new tricks

Alfred Scott

Re: Learning new things

Post by Alfred Scott » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:02 pm

Rik,

This goes back to the days of the Mac Plus with the tiny screen where there was never a sensible opportunity to have multiple windows open.

I am delighted to find you reading the documentation. I take great care to document everything I do. There is a common belief with software companies that users don’t read documentation, but I think people who say this simply have not written documentation that is worth reading.

The most recent documentation has hyperlinks and navigation buttons, which makes it much like navigating the internet. I also try to make it interesting and fun to read by putting in little jokes to you keep turning pages so you will not miss one.

I like being able to include emojis and since we don’t have to worry about the printing costs, we can have pages with lots of white space.

Also, on the WildTools Web page (Help menu: WildTools Website) find the Documentation link at the bottom where you can find updated documentation and tutorial for PowerCADD 9.5.

All these are formatted to fit on an iPad display which is the only way I read these either for information or for proofreading. I’m always delighted to talk to users I don’t have any patience with users who refuse to read the documentation.

I hope you all enjoy seeing the photos of Bill and Susan Stanley, Mike Cleveland, David Waizenegger, etc. There is also a slide show in the Picture Frame tool dialog.

Alfred

Rik Negus

Post by Rik Negus » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:23 pm

Alfred

Please tell me what is Bozo Technology?

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:33 am

Rik,

It’s described in detail in the WildTools Development posting.

Alfred