ungroup hatch from shape

PowerCADD & WildTools
SteveMouzon

ungroup hatch from shape

Post by SteveMouzon » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:20 pm

For what seems like forever, I could do "convert to object" on any hatched shape and it would separate the hatch from the shape so I could delete the shape and be left with just the hatch. At that point, I could assign a different line weight to the hatch, and if I moved it to a different layer, it would take on that layer's color.

Haven't needed to do that in awhile, and when I tried it just now, it no longer works for some reason. Tried ungrouping, and that doesn't work, either. Am I remembering this incorrectly, or is there some new way of doing it I'm not aware of?

cadmonkey

Re: ungroup hatch from shape

Post by cadmonkey » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:06 pm

My workflow for something like this is to assign the line attribute for the hatched object to "none." Same result, less hassle. ...I think.

FWIW, I tried it using your method (Convert to Object) and it seemed to work as you explained.

SteveMouzon

Post by SteveMouzon » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:03 pm

Thanks! Just experimenting with some of my other hatches; it's just a few for which it doesn't work, but then I can use Attr>Hatch Settings to take care of it.

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:05 pm

I was just able to select a rectangle and use the hatch menu from the Attributes window.

Then Convert to Objects changed it to a rectangle and a hatch object.

As an experiment, I used the Knife tool to slice the hatch.

Then I used the YinYang cursor for the WildTools Line tool and converted the hatch to lines.

Alfred