Creating Tables‽

PowerCADD & WildTools
patrickm

Re: Creating Tables‽

Post by patrickm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:10 pm

nametabb wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:56 pm
Alfred you got me thinking (V dangerous). After reading your post I tried to copy & paste a table created in Numbers and using the Advanced Text tool to paste it. It took a bit of time but placed the table in editable form on my open drawing. I had been trying a direct cut and paste and pasting within the Text Tool without success.

This is exactly what I was looking for and hope it works for everyone else.
Wow, that is awesome to hear. I've typically resisted doing door and window schedules, because I hated dealing with them in PC. (I found it easier to write the scheduled information right near each door/window.) I think I may have just changed my methodology (at 2 seconds to midnight on the PC doomsday clock).

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Wow, that is a game changer for me. I could "drag" an advanced text block to match my typical detail module, copy a table from Numbers and edit/paste it into that advanced text block, and it came in perfectly. Wish I had known about this years ago!

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Wow (have I said that before?) -- one more thing: I typically like the top entry of the door or window schedule to include my bubble text door/window symbol. I am able to copy door symbol 01 from my PC drawing, then paste it into the advanced text door schedule cell for that door, and it looks perfect. Now, I am really sad to hear about the impending demise of PC...