PowerCADD Keeps wanting me to Register

PowerCADD & WildTools
billgore

PowerCADD Keeps wanting me to Register

Post by billgore » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm Loading PowerCADD and Wildtools in my office on another Machine running Mohave. After I fill out all the registration info, Name, Address, etc. I close the software out restart it and it makes me fill it out again every time I restart PowerCADD.

Anyone Got a Solution for this?

Thanks,
Bill Gore

todd@engsw.com
Site Admin

Re: PowerCADD Keeps wanting me to Register

Post by todd@engsw.com » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Bill,

We have not received a PowerCADD registration from you recently, and that would indicate that there is a failure at the send stage. An email client not configured on this machine, for example.

Here are the actions I would take:

First, make sure you are on the current version of PowerCADD. Some older versions had an issue properly saving registration information.

PowerCADD will ask you to register over and over if it detects that the registration information couldn't be sent. PowerCADD tells you if the information can't be send and gives you the option of printing it. If you are given this option, you must 'ok' the print dialog and let it print in order for PowerCADD to be satisfied; otherwise PowerCADD will ask you next time you start.

PowerCADD will also ask you to register over and over if it is unable to write to its preferences. You can reset PowerCADD's preferences from the PowerCADD help menu with "Reset PowerCADD...". This will give you an option reset the preferences. Be careful not to reset you key commands if you have saved key commands you don't wish to set up again.

Finally, if you can't get the PowerCADD to stop asking, you can run the "Don't ask to register PowerCADD again" AppleScript in the PowerCADD Utilities folder.

Todd