PowerCADD Future

PowerCADD & WildTools
RTCool

Re: PowerCADD Future

Post by RTCool » Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 pm

If you are looking for beta testers, you can count me in too. I'm setting up a machine now with two partitions; one with Mojave on it and one with Monterey on it so you can boot it up either way.

poolvibe

Post by poolvibe » Thu May 19, 2022 3:57 am

I will one up you guys. I would be glad to pay the upgrade price to beta test :D

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Thu May 19, 2022 1:59 pm

I will gladly beta test! We use PowerCADD extensively.

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Thu May 19, 2022 4:41 pm

I'm with poovibe - I'll GLADLY purchase the upgrade to beta test!

Ralph

Joe Mattei

Post by Joe Mattei » Thu May 19, 2022 10:05 pm

I'm still holding my breath... easy to type... hard to talk!

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Wed May 25, 2022 3:42 pm

PowerCADD is the only CAD software I've ever known since entering the "real world" from architectural school in 1997. I still use it, to this day, on a Mac I reserve with slightly older operating system. Meanwhile, I use a newer Mac for rest of office function as well as my interns--though they are now working in Vectorworks. We made that leap to BIM once it became clear PowerCADD was no longer supported and that our clients simply were expecting better renderings. I admit that I really, really don't like BIM-- and honestly I see interns struggling with it and the drawings it produces are awful. It is extremely sophisticated software that, frankly, we just dont really need for the scale of projects we work on... I am VERY excited at this new news about PowerCAD joining forces with Form Z, but I cannot help but remember all the times in the past that PowerCAD faithful were promised updates that never came. I truly hope that we will see some more updates soon--ill even take screenshots from the developers! Just something to show what is coming. Must I continue to invest in Vectorworks and the BIM world or can I hold out?

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Wed May 25, 2022 4:30 pm

I’m not at all worried about this.

I’m still working on minor refinements in WildTools, and I also have a MacBook Pro with MacOS Monterey in preparation for compiling with the new PowerCADD.

Alfred

Alfred P. Scott
5407 Patterson Ave, Suite 202B
Richmond
VA 23226

(804) 353-1713
cell: (804) 690-4591
alfred.scott@me.com
www.seqair.com

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:04 pm

As a PowerCADD user since 1993, I'd like to put my name on the list as one who would beta-test. Now I am assuming that since this is 64-bit worthy that this might also run on a machine with Mojave (which supports 64-bit.) However, in the works is my plan to purchase a Mac Studio desktop which I'll use for all my other programs- including the new PowerCADD. i've already got the keyboard and mouse for it, so I'm on my way. A 4K LG monitor is in my crosshairs as well. Bring it on!

HSD

Post by HSD » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:48 am

Also a PowerCadd user since 1993-was and still is the basis of my consulting engineering practice.
I've tried AutoCadd and Revit and in both cases could see that my productivity would take a big hit. I'm thrilled that PC will be updated for the new Macs.
I did Beta testing over the years, and would be more than happy to pay the full new seat price to be part of the Beta testing. I've set up a new M1 Mac Studio (in order to run Turbo Tax)-since this is separate from my productive machine it would be a great testing platform.

poolvibe

Post by poolvibe » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:08 pm

Anticipating some good news soon.... Is it summer of 2022 yet?