WildTools Pallet hiccup

PowerCADD & WildTools
Marté

Re: WildTools Pallet hiccup

Post by Marté » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:23 pm

I tried replacing just the WT plugin but it didn't fix the issue, I had to first reinstall PC with the Expert Update (http://www.engsw.com/products/powercadd ... -5-update/) then replacing the WT plugin worked.

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:28 am

Bozo Technology seems to have kicked in again today :cry: . Seems to be on a two month renewal cycle. Alfred, can you update the updater again?

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:50 pm

the tool when Bozo is activated, places the exact object you want, then it places a wiggly enhanced bozo version right on top of it. If you're pressed for time, sometimes the easiest thing to do is simply delete the bozo object. This type of programming is called Bozo No No, I believe.

Marté

Post by Marté » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:09 pm

Ditto what David said.

marcasmus

Post by marcasmus » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:17 am

I have tried everything Alfred suggests to update WildTools and turn off Bozo Tech, even spoke to him today, he said he had no solution and was working on it! I was able to shut it off the last time, but do not remember what I did to do it. I am dead in the water and ready to have a heart attack with a deadline/meeting tomorrow. Does anyone have any surefire ideas on how to turn this off? any help is deeply appreciated.

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:51 am

marcasmus wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:17 am
Does anyone have any surefire ideas on how to turn this off? any help is deeply appreciated.
Option 1. Use the equivalent tools from PowerCADD's Tools. Bozo only affects about 5 tools.

Option 2. If you MUST use the Bozoed WildTools, stop all your other applications and then set the date on your Mac back to July. I'd also take my Mac offline as well to stop other utilities getting muddled. Finish your work in PowerCADD and once done, save your work and quit PowerCADD. Then reset the date, open your file and save it again to fix the date on the file. Print or send it.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:35 pm

Wouldn’t another option be to downgrade WT to the last shipping version? This situation is why I haven’t been using the beta versions of WT. I can live/work without disruption.

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:45 pm

patrickm wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:35 pm
Wouldn’t another option be to downgrade WT to the last shipping version? This situation is why I haven’t been using the beta versions of WT. I can live/work without disruption.
This is what I did. I downloaded the Expert Update and just copied over the WildTools folder. This gives you WildTools without the new features. I then archived that folder (right-click and Select 'compress "WildTools"'). Then when the development version reverts to BozoTech I just unarchive the release version and use it until the development version can be downloaded. You don't have nice tool icons and the tool dock options but you can still get work done. (You have to make sure you only have one copy of PowerCADD and one WildTools folder otherwise you'll have problems.)

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Thank you Alfred, glad to see Bozo is back in time-out now that there's a new updater available.