Using WildTools selection tools

PowerCADD & WildTools
DavidScottOrkney

Using WildTools selection tools

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Tue May 31, 2022 9:05 am

Working with the Finger Tool, Marquee Tool and Polygon Marquee Tool, I'm finding that these tools ignore the PowerCADD Selection Filter. (Even if you switch off all object types in the Selection Filter floating window, these tools still select all objects.) I'm sure this isn't by design (Alfred), but I don't know if this is a bug that's just appeared or if it's been like this for a while.

David

DavidScottOrkney

Re: Using WildTools selection tools

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:34 am

Update- I had to go back to the shipping version of WildTools today because Bozo technology activated. The Wildtools selection tools work as expected with the Selection filter so the issue must be just with the development version.

David

Marté

Post by Marté » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:47 pm

David, Bozoed here too. Where did you find the shipping version?

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:58 pm

While I appreciate Alfred's efforts to continue to evolve and improve WT (way past my limited needs or ability to comprehend/stay abreast of the improvements), being productive is the most important thing to me, so I've generally always used the shipping (or updated) versions of WT, since I can't afford to be bozoed at work. I live in a 2015 iMac world and can exist with a 2015 PC/WT setup. In the past, I downloaded the PC "expert update" package, which includes WT, and install that. I keep that copy on-hand in case I ever need to reinstall. You can get to an update 9.1.11 at this page: http://www.engsw.com/products/powercadd ... -5-update/.
Last edited by patrickm on Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marté

Post by Marté » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:24 pm

Thank you, Patrick, that did the trick.