PowerCADD 9 files changed to PC9.pdf Help!

PowerCADD & WildTools
MechaTech77

PowerCADD 9 files changed to PC9.pdf Help!

Post by MechaTech77 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:28 pm

Good Afternoon and Happy New Year.

I am a computer tech working with a PowerCADD user that's been going since the PowerCADD 4 days. She has multiple thousands of files that for some reason have all started showing up as PDF's instead of PowerCADD drawings. They open in PowerCADD as a PDF with no issue, but they've been flattened and converted, somehow, to only be a single layer which, obviously, does not help when you're doing architectural drawings. She is currently using PowerCADD 9 and Wildtools on Mohave 10.14.6 as updated as it can be on a iMac "Core i5" 3.0 27" (5K, 2019).

If I test by changing the extension from PDF to PDF by deleting .pdf, I get a warning that the file may not work if I change it which is fine. I hit enter and the file shows as a PowerCADD file but, of course, will not open. That leads me to believe that there was some sort of conversion that went on behind the scenes to convert it somehow. She does not know how this would have happened.

If I look at the file itself, I show that a 'normal' PowerCADD file gives basic information - last opened, tags, created and modified. If I look at one of the bad files I get a lot more information.

Normal File: https://imgur.com/u89R5ET
Bad .pdf File: https://imgur.com/s3lZa6Q

Has anyone run into this issue before with Quartz randomly converting things to .pdf?

Thanks very much.

Alfred Scott

Re: PowerCADD 9 files changed to PC9.pdf Help!

Post by Alfred Scott » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Best approach is to drag the files, individually or as a group, and drop them on the PowerCADD program icon on the dock.

The files will be automatically converted to PC9 format. You do not have to save them, just close the document.

Alfred

Alfred Scott
804 690-4591
alfred.scott@me.com