Dashes

PowerCADD & WildTools
danfinazzo

Dashes

Post by danfinazzo » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:58 am

Somehow the Dashes that are avialabe to me are all messed up and not very usefull. I think some time ago I opened uo a drawing possibly by others and ever since my dashes are all wrong. Maybe PCadd inherited them or I did something to cause inheritence

Done with the complaint - is there a way anyone knows to get back the PCadd default dashes . . . !!!! ;)

lava

Re: Dashes

Post by lava » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:57 pm

go into the Dashes set-up interface under Attributes and delete the dashes you don't want, edit the others to suit you.
Greg La Vardera
www.lamidesign.com

danfinazzo

Post by danfinazzo » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:45 pm

Greg - thanks for the replay - I know I can do that - however was hoping to load the PowerCass default dashes . . . some of the dashes from PCadd are very hard to replicate with the provided editor!!

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:10 pm

This might be related to using Global Attributes that you can set in PowerCADD's Preferences - General tab. If they are turned on you should have a read of the section in the manual on Page 181 and then more specifically the section on Updating Global Attributes on page 183.

danfinazzo

Post by danfinazzo » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:11 pm

Derek,

Problem solved!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the recommendation - all I needed to do was
- turn off Global Attributes
- find and open a drawing with the original default dashes
- turn in Global Attributes

Now I have the original default dashes and other attribute settings

Just need to be careful in turning off and on Global Attributes in the future . . .

Dan

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:10 pm

Interesting... For the past few months, I've been having an issue in which the default text for various files is some generic font, instead of my standard Avant Gard. It's been driving me nuts. Due to this thread, I just checked the Global Attributes preference, and it was turned off. Not sure how that happened, but will be glad to have my global attributes back. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:53 pm

Another interesting tidbit about this topic. My PC has been working fine, with the Global Attributes in effect. PC just crashed, and when I restarted it, Global Attributes was unchecked. Once I turned it back on, things started working properly again. In the future, if I experience a PC crash, I'll try to remember to look at the Global Attributes setting to ensure that it is turned on.