Is This How It's Going To Be ?

PowerCADD & WildTools
JustMeAgain

Is This How It's Going To Be ?

Post by JustMeAgain » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:25 pm

RIP powercadd by Charles Freeborn Post LOCKED !

Wow, now they're resorting to censorship of what they don't want to hear ! It's important for many reasons to speak the truth and stand up to censorship. Those who have been loyal to Engineered Software for decades deserve better response and not a 3rd world mentality gag order.

Anyone who has expressed their concerns for PowerCADD has done so because they cared, and are concerned about the impact of the state of PowerCADD on their business. How many times have software companies pulled out after years of having their hooks into our businesses. On that we have every right to express our opinions and demand answers that can be trusted.

We are tired of the promises and lack of evidence for them. A screen shot of PowerCADD 10 is not evidence of progress to new capability, to keeping up with the rest of the world and most important instilling confidence in its future.

I don't use PowerCADD for new work, but I still need it to access 100's of drawings created with it. My main computer is the latest version of Mac Pro, but I have to maintain another older Mac that can run Mojave, to run PowerCADD and two other software apps that have quit developing at macOS Mojave. Those other two companies have moved to an online subscription platform, supposedly to avoid the issues of OS compatibility. I don't buy it, it's digging their hooks in deeper.

We, the users, all need to think about what we want from software companies and stop letting them tell us how it's going to be. It isn't a simple thing to tell us to go away, use some other software, after investing a lot of time and money into thier companies.

It's very short sited to snub off our concerns as has been done by blocking Charles Freeborn's post.

Rick@Group3Arch

You're right...

Post by Rick@Group3Arch » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:43 pm

and it needs to be said. I can't imagine any PC users work for clients/owners that would accept PC/FZ's lack of communication and still remain clients/owners. I continue to ask my firm to hold on even though I can give them no meaningful information when or if an update will be available (a screen shot is not that). How many years now? It's been 18 months since the announcement that PC was being killed after waiting a long time on a never delivered promise of an upgrade. We have no choice but to wait or change platforms. I get that. But I don't have to like it.

Charles Freeborn

Re: Is This How It's Going To Be ?

Post by Charles Freeborn » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:33 pm

Best of luck to you all.
Last edited by Charles Freeborn on Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alfred Scott

Re: Is This How It's Going To Be ?

Post by Alfred Scott » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:21 pm

What is the point of posting stuff trashing progress in PowerCADD?

Particularly by someone who has moved on to another program but feels the need to lash out and put up stuff like this.

I suggested to moderator Matt Arnold that he delete or at least lock this thread, which he's now done.

There is plenty going on in PC10, but you will just have to wait for it to arrive.

Alfred