Open Recent/Open Popular?

Tell us what you want
patrickm

Post by patrickm » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:30 pm

I frequently use PowerCADD's File>Open Recent to quickly access recent and commonly used PC files. I've got a number of "standard" files that I frequently access, such as one containing Simpson Strong-Tie hardware that I copy/paste into structural details, plumbing fixtures and furniture that I copy/paste into floor plans, typical stair sections based upon typical floor to floor heights, etc. I also have a Finder folder containing aliases to these frequently used PC files, so that I can repopulate my "Open Recent" menu with these files for quick access.

It would be nice if there was a way to add a "Commonly Used" or "Bookmarked" option in PC's File menu, that would allow us to designate certain files that we would always have easy access to. (I remember Word and Excel used to have something like this 20 years ago.)

I've attached a screenshot of my "common symbols" file that contains items I frequently paste into floor plans, foundation plans, custom hatches that I use, etc.

Cheers,
Patrick
Attachments
COMMON SYMBOLS TO FILE.png
COMMON SYMBOLS TO FILE.png (501.66 KiB) Viewed 9872 times

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:28 pm

That's a great idea, Patrick.

I recently added a layer to my titleblock stationery file and put all my commonly used dingbats and symbols and stuff I reach for into that layer. I set it to non-print and usually have it not displayed. That way they're always handy.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Matt_A wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:28 pm
That's a great idea, Patrick.

I recently added a layer to my titleblock stationery file and put all my commonly used dingbats and symbols and stuff I reach for into that layer. I set it to non-print and usually have it not displayed. That way they're always handy.
That's a clever idea! It's interesting that there are so many ways to "skin a cat", no offense to cat lovers!