Time For a Major Update to PC that runs on Big Sur and M1

Tell us what you want
johncruet48

Time For a Major Update to PC that runs on Big Sur and M1

Post by johncruet48 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:18 pm

As a user of Engineered Software's various CAD programs, since 1992 (PowerDraw 4), I would more than welcome the new version of PowerCadd that would run native on Big Sur and an M1 platform.

I'd like to run an iMac 2021 but what keeps me from upgrading is that the current version of PowerCADD does not run on Big Sur. And I think it doesn't make sense to try to run this on Parallels or Fusion, given my dire past experience with Parallels.

The mid-2011 iMac I'm running as a secondary computer is showing its age. Boot-up is painfully slow, and sometimes it does not load the printer drivers. My 2019 MacBook Pro has been doing all the heavy lifting, but I wonder how healthy it is to do a day's work on a laptop. It's quite a nice machine, and certainly I would not hesitate to recommend any of the current and future Apple laptops to anyone interested. Have to admit, though, I really like the 21 plus inch screen on the iMac.

PowerCADD has become the most important program in my office. I'd like nothing more than to see a new version of this soon, and, yes, I'm willing to pay for it. It's time!