Lumber Tool

Tell us what you want
Marté

Lumber Tool

Post by Marté » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm

I'd like the lumber tool to include engineered products such as TJI's.
TJI.jpg
TJI.jpg (137.13 KiB) Viewed 9843 times
I rarely use dimensional lumber in floors anymore.

patrickm

Lumber Tool

Post by patrickm » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:37 am

That's a great idea. I've got PC versions that I copy and paste into drawings, but a tool would be handy.

Alfred Scott

Lumber Tool

Post by Alfred Scott » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 am

This is an interesting and sensible addition to the tool, however let me explain that we have been working on important structural modernizations of the internal workings of PowerCADD. The components are the PDObject and the object lists. The PDObject is the individual object for a line, rectangle, arc, polygon, bezier, group, etc.

Each of these are self contained objects that handle their own initializations and disposal when you are finished with the thing. Each object is effectively bulletproof, and it is all about making it just about impossible to screw up. The objects are little self contained machines.

The same goes for the lists that the objects go into, for groups, layers and the entire drawing. The lists create, dispose and manage themselves. Again it is all about increasing the reliability, and it also makes the programming easier because these things are self-contained and automatic machines.

Because of these changes, it’s been months since I can have all of WildTools running on my own machine. My first priority is to get WildTools back to full strength, and these things have to get done before I can get into new features. The most important goal in the software is to get to 64-bit programming, which has huge implications for working with upcoming versions of the MacOS, DWG translations and a general friendliness with SketchUp.

We are not entirely sitting still, that would be no fun at all. WildTools has always been about increasing your productivity, however two recent developments will result in your productivity being destroyed. These are the Shrub Elevation and Tree Elevation tools, and the reason your productivity will be destroyed is because you will waste huge blocks of time just playing with the tools! Like parental controls on games for kids, we may need senior partner controls to keep everyone doing productive work.

Completely off-topic, I spent about a month updating 35 years of Falco Builders Letters. Just go to www.seqair.com and click on the Builder Letters button.

Alfred