Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Where to from here?

Moderator: lava

Bruce R

Re: Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Post by Bruce R » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:58 am

Canadian registered architect with one seat - PowerDraw / PowerCadd user since the early 1990's and very interested in a future for PowerCADD and encouraged to see the notification of collaboration with AutoDesSys to create a new solution for current users.

DeeMiller

Post by DeeMiller » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:46 pm

One seat. Between PowerCADD working only in emulation and Sketchup getting mighty expensive, I feel like I can't work on my spatial ideas properly anymore. I'm not a full-time designer, so it isn't worth it to me to spend the time and money moving to a different platform. And frankly, there's nothing as good for working out ideas in 2D. I am itching to draw something up in scale right now, take it to 3D, and possibly take it to VR, and I just don't have the tools.

gjamesarchitect

Post by gjamesarchitect » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:09 pm

One seat. Self-employed architect. Use PowerCadd and Sketchup. Large housing projects. Need an integrated solution that works with the latest Macs & latest OS.

robpar

Post by robpar » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:30 pm

I'm Interested. Two seats; use PC way too much, so I need it.

Lester Tobias

Post by Lester Tobias » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:47 pm

I think it's time we stopped thinking that Powercadd will ever upgrade. So the next question is what is the next best thing that will run on 64 bit processors?

I am ready to abandon ship, mostly due to lack of communication from PC and lack of being kept abreast of either upgraded software or the phantom purchase of powercadd.

LT

lava

Post by lava » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:21 am

Lester, there is recent communication in other topics. This topic was started before the cooperation with AutoDesSys was formed and the programming effort was renewed.

The answer is there is no better drawing platform than PowerCadd - switch at your own peril.
Greg La Vardera
www.lamidesign.com

gingerninja

Post by gingerninja » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:40 pm

One seat. Been using Powercadd since 2000. A great resource for 2D drafting. Complimented with Sketchup. My office iMac is getting a bit old, resisting upgrading the hardware & software to keep using PC, I believe High Sierra 10.13.6 is as far as it goes. Would love to see PC evolving so I can purchase a shiny new iMac (oohhh!). Keep us informed. R

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:23 pm

gingerninja wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:40 pm
One seat. Been using Powercadd since 2000. A great resource for 2D drafting. Complimented with Sketchup. My office iMac is getting a bit old, resisting upgrading the hardware & software to keep using PC, I believe High Sierra 10.13.6 is as far as it goes. Would love to see PC evolving so I can purchase a shiny new iMac (oohhh!). Keep us informed. R
I'm on a "late 2015" iMac, and upgraded to Mojave from Sierra (not High Sierra) a few months ago and my machine runs great. You might be able to upgrade High Sierra one notch (but be sure to clone/back-up beforehand, in case there is an issue).

kentkirk

Post by kentkirk » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:45 pm

We have using PowerCadd since 2000. Need 3 Seats

ingseve

Post by ingseve » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:57 pm

One seat for me (in italian)