Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Where to from here?

Moderator: lava

huc

Re: Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Post by huc » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:31 pm

DarrenDanger wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:46 pm
20+ seats here. We would be very interested in a move forward. We've been using PowerCaDD for 30 years give or take, it's a cornerstone of our business. Worth every penny at twice the price.
Thanks for making me feel old :lol:
Say high to Pete
Hope life is treating you all well!

EONorton

Post by EONorton » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:40 pm

One seat here, PowerCADD is the only CAD I have used and would really like to see it continue to be viable. As a Mac only user, PowerCADD has been a lifesaver. It would be a real shame to see it fade away.

Side note, my father, a self taught 3rd generation designer/builder drafted all of his homes on a plywood table he built, using trace paper and pencils. He had never drafted on any CAD program before, but I let him try PowerCADD and in 24 hours he taught himself how to draft on it! His final home, a structure designed on a hexagonal grid, was drafted in PowerCADD. He was in his 70s at the time. PowerCADD proves you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

Escott O.Norton
EON Design Co https://eondesignco.com

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:11 pm

EONorton wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:40 pm
One seat here, PowerCADD is the only CAD I have used and would really like to see it continue to be viable. As a Mac only user, PowerCADD has been a lifesaver. It would be a real shame to see it fade away.

Side note, my father, a self taught 3rd generation designer/builder drafted all of his homes on a plywood table he built, using trace paper and pencils. He had never drafted on any CAD program before, but I let him try PowerCADD and in 24 hours he taught himself how to draft on it! His final home, a structure designed on a hexagonal grid, was drafted in PowerCADD. He was in his 70s at the time. PowerCADD proves you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

Escott O.Norton
EON Design Co https://eondesignco.com
That's awesome, Escott. I'm 62 now, but used to hand-draft and PC was my first CAD program, which I learned by drawing details while in my 30's. I still use some of those same details to this date.

JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:49 pm

I have been using PowerCadd & Wildtools since the early 2000's. I am running Powercadd & Wildtools on a 2019 iMac running Mojave. I am very interested in an upgrade and am happy to wait for it. Could someone tell me where we are with an upgrade? I am absolutely interested in a forward move and happy to pay for it.

Joyce E. Weise ASLA

john graham

Post by john graham » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:48 pm

One seat here. User since 1993 when my computer had 4 Mb of RAM. PowerCadd has been very valuable to me and I would be happy to contribute to moving it forward into the new Apple SOC and beyond. (I've actually used it to design more than $350M worth of construction and it has become like an extension of my arm. One request: integrate WildTools and all other components at the same time.

Riccasoli

Post by Riccasoli » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:23 am

pebblebeach wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:34 pm
Definitely 2 seats here, possibly 3 seats. I also know of a number of other PC users that don't use this forum and won't be aware of this poll.
Exactly the same for me (2 seats) and other PC users (my unaware colleagues)
Thanks for any effort to keep Powercadd alive and for carrying on its development.

Riccardo

sboone

Post by sboone » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:03 pm

Yes! yes yes yes. (Sorry to be late to the party, I haven't been checking the forum lately)

JimTinsley

Post by JimTinsley » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:05 am

I would like to add my name as one who loves using PowerCADD and would like to see it continue. I have been using it for at least 20 years and have found it to be extremely useful in my work. I don't need any real improvements, but I would like to see it be upgraded to work on more current OS versions and would be happy to pay for the privilege. My employer requires us to keep close to, if not at, the current version of Mac OS, so it is not a matter of keeping an old OS version around.

Jim Tinsley

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:27 am

I'm definitely interested. 2 seats. Let me know how to help!

Silvarch

Post by Silvarch » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:07 pm

I certainly have interest. Just a lone user here since the early 90s... Has not been easy to stay with PowerCADD here in Canada where there are very few users... Not sure where to go from here.

Eugene Silva