JChow

Re: Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Post by JChow » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:47 am

1 seat here.
User since 1991.

lguth

Post by lguth » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:11 am

One seat. Would absolutely like to see powercadd more forward. And know of 2 other users who would like to continue.

thank you
--lg

LWarch

Post by LWarch » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 pm

One seat and interested. Thank you.

GrahamScott

Post by GrahamScott » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi folks: We have four seats in our office. I would be interested in making a future for this good software.

We have drawings dating back to 1990. We make specialized equipment for ducting systems of primary process industries (power plants, smelters, cement plants, pulp mills) - generally a 99% PC (not PowerCAdd) world. The technical people smile and give a sign of relief at the sight of the apple. One senior draftsman at an A&E outfit said he taught drafting at local college in evenings - his day job was drafting with the standard PC product. He used only PCadd or Graphite to teach - not the PC product. Is there someone looking at alternatives to us turning our drawings into DXF &DWG and transferring?

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:25 pm

I have one seat and am interested in seeing this move forward. I've been a user since 1993.

In my naïveté, I am wondering about any value in getting Apple involved. Remember MacDraw?

After all, Apple saw fit to offer video editing, worksheet, and page layout programs from Apple, among others.
Last edited by johncruet48 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Cumulative total is now approximately 137. Is the programming challenge of bringing PC up to date as daunting as Todd Stanley describes it? It seems none of us users know enough about programming to offer a contrary opinion. Can anyone bring this discussion beyond wishful thinking?

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:14 pm

We have 2 seats (already in the count) and I KNOW we would pay $2k per seat and possibly more. After trying ≈ 10 other programs in the last 2 months they all are DUNG in comparison, especially for those of us that use it for engineering vs. architecture.

Further, I know 2 other companies in our industry who would very much be interested (not in the count to date).

Cheers,
ralph

Drew

Post by Drew » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:31 pm

One seat here, since 1993 - I would like to see PowerCADD survive; it is the best 2D drawing software available. Not at “any price” though and I don’t see how it can happen quickly enough to avoid having to move to something else and retrain. There are two or three 64BIT drafting applications which look like they might be on a trajectory which could make them as good as PCADD in time and, like others have suggested, the best way to a happy, quick and affordable outcome might be through a collaboration of some kind and possibly not the most obvious…

Silvarch

Post by Silvarch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:17 pm

One seat here, since way way back. It would be great to see PC survive though it appears not likely at this point...

Bob.S

Post by Bob.S » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:45 am

I am interested and have 2 licenses but may re-register just one. I've been using PowerCadd since 1990 and have my entire careers work within that program and it's a shame to loose it all and start over. And I feel we are just reaching a small portion of the people of interest since we are relying on them adding to this forum. Is there a way to access the records to send an email to all the people registered with PowerCadd? And to suggest a dollar amount, I would pay $500 a year for this program.