New PowerCADD screenshot!

Robert

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by Robert » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:37 pm

poolvibe wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:36 am
Whatever pays the bills to keep PC going. Couldn't care less about a subscription or one time cost.
Exactly

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:28 pm

Today, I am staring at a bill to renew my subscription to Vectorworks, which I invested in years ago, going the way of BIM, at the time very unsure of future of PowerCAD, so I had my interns learn Vectorworks (I wont learn it, continue to use PowerCAD on an old Mac which I keep next to my newer computer).

I am very very very tempted to abandon Vectorworks--knowing that after several years of investing time and money, we just aren't doing renderings and using it to its full potential....and frankly for the firm we are, its isnt likely. IF we have to have 3D renderings or models, we can pay some other specialty firm to do it for us. Thus, that means buying new versions of the new powercad for me and my interns, they would have to learn it, which I'm not concerned about. But, I sure would like to know, roughly, time frame? Have any idea when we might be able to purchase the new version? Any rough idea of cost? Will we buy individual licenses and "own" that copy, as before, or will be "renting" it and have to pay some annual fee to renew that comes with auto updates?

thanks.

Rick@Group3Arch

So what's "normal"?

Post by Rick@Group3Arch » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:04 pm

I know PC has been through all sorts of turbulence... I was hoping with FormZ stepping in that a new release would move ahead in a steady, somewhat methodical way and that we would receive occasional updates letting us know about progress... but nothing. Nothing from Form Z and a screenshot with ZERO information concerning it... AND we're excited about the screen shot. But I suppose this is what passes for customer service in the new world. At least our expectations will be not set too high when the new PC actually hits the streets. (sigh)

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Checking with David Kropp on how he and Todd were coming along —
Making good progress, but we have encountered some unexpected issues. Let's touch base next week.
But then I’m now in Wyoming with Sara and her girls, then David is out until the 18th so we will connect after that. Plan was to have a beta version about now and a new version by year end.

Alfred

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:45 pm

I'm using an older PowerBook with macOS Mojave (10.14.6) in order to use PowerCADD. The newer Macs with the M1/M2 chips along with the latest macOS are more stable and fast.

Myself and many others here on the forum are patiently (and impatiently) look forward to the new version of PowerCADD. I'll gladly pay a one time upgrade along with a yearly subscription model to keep this great software alive and well.

I volunteer to beta as soon as possible.

Onward and upward,
Marion Hawkins

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:52 pm

mdhawkins wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:45 pm
I'm using an older PowerBook with macOS Mojave (10.14.6) in order to use PowerCADD. The newer Macs with the M1/M2 chips along with the latest macOS are more stable and fast.

Myself and many others here on the forum are patiently (and impatiently) look forward to the new version of PowerCADD. I'll gladly pay a one time upgrade along with a yearly subscription model to keep this great software alive and well.

I volunteer to beta as soon as possible.

Onward and upward,
Marion Hawkins
I second.

Rick@Group3Arch

Post by Rick@Group3Arch » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:22 pm

Alfred Scott wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 pm
Making good progress, but we have encountered some unexpected issues. Let's touch base next week.
But then I’m now in Wyoming with Sara and her girls, then David is out until the 18th so we will connect after that. Plan was to have a beta version about now and a new version by year end.

Alfred
Thanks Alfred! This is the most (and only) positive news I heard in quite awhile... problem is that now I'm excited again.

:)

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:26 am

Alpha, beta, whatever… enlist me! If you need italian translator, here i am :))))

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:05 am

Alfred Scott wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 pm

Alfred
The 19th is here and here we are too :D (not going anywhere) :lol:

Dean in SoCal

Post by Dean in SoCal » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:39 pm

We have two users here to beta test if needed.