New PowerCADD screenshot!

nametabb

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by nametabb » Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:30 pm

We should be thankful that there is being work done to upgrade PowerCadd to be compatible with the current Mac OS. Frustrating as it may be, at least there is progress being made by someone as opposed to the alternative of nothing at all. Understandably, the developers do not want to raise expectations on a release date only to face yet another issue causing further delay.

My hope is that we'll see something early next year. And that PoewerCadd will be as elegantly simple and intuitive as it has been since its initial release. And of course that Alfred has a set of WildTools to compliment it.

NedB

Post by NedB » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:03 pm

No professional works without a clear idea of cost and/or a programme - They should know their customer base and proactively try to retain it - For some reason none of this is happening - Why if there are development issues aren’t we being told - I know we have no choice but are we all really happy to wait it out for what looks like an indefinite period - I for one am totally tired of switching between computers, I no longer have the use of a laptop capable of running PowerCADD for site visits so I’m becoming less and less efficient - it just isn’t sustainable.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:45 pm

Ned,
I have a monthly subscription to AutoCAD for Mac and have been working with it off and on. AutoCAD has come a long way since I started with it in the 1980s before using a Mac then PowerCADD. If I can adapt to the nuances of AutoCAD I may go ahead and switch.

Engineered Software always was slow in development and didn't communicate with users. The situation now is due to many years of neglect and shortsightedness. The loss of customer base is by their own doing. Hoping for a release but history has a way of repeating itself.

joseph

Post by joseph » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:45 pm

We are here because PowerCADD is by far the best cad. By far. I have seen a lot.

DeeMiller

Post by DeeMiller » Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:23 pm

This is great news! Any chance we will get a platform-neutral version that lives online?

David Jones

Post by David Jones » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:01 am

I agree with Joseph! Hoping for a Christmas present. I wouldn’t even refuse the present if it came early!!!!

jeff williams

Post by jeff williams » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:52 pm

That is great news. I was starting to get worried about the future but now see that your take care of business!! :D

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:28 pm

All I want for christmas is...

Catterall

Post by Catterall » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:17 pm

I've been using PowerCADD since the earliest days of PowerDraw, trained by Barry Isakson. I'm about to retire but still need a functioning 2D drafting program, because I will always take on a few projects. I have my doubts that this update will happen anytime soon (why wouldn't I?). What is anyone's experience with AutoCAD LT? With 30 years of PowerCADD experience, what do you think the learning curve is?

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:38 pm

Today is December 1.

No PowerCADD beta or upgrade.

No communication.

Not encouraging to the customer base.