New PowerCADD screenshot!

johncruet48

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by johncruet48 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:19 pm

Remember this from Alfred Scott?
"Bear in mind that PowerCADD 10 is a new program. As a work in progress, I would guess it’s about 10-15% done."

I just got the latest Beta. Progress beyond what is mentioned above is questionable, in my opinion.

Brooke G

Post by Brooke G » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:21 pm

Can you elaborate on your opinion please?

e30

Post by e30 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Seems a bit harsh and unrealistic

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm

Hi John

Bear in mind that PowerCADD 10 is a new program. As a work in progress, I would guess it’s about 10-15% done."
I just got the latest Beta. Progress beyond what is mentioned above is questionable, in my opinion

Disappointing if that is the case, I haven't taken up the public beta because I need to keep working so I'm using a substitute but it looks like I may be using it for a lot longer than I thought I would

HSD

Post by HSD » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm

Having downloaded each of the builds and tried them out, I don't agree with that assessment. The builds are coming on a near weekly basis and feels quite solid, on my M1 Studio Mac it is very fluid and looks and feels very much a Powercadd. It appears the basic PowerCadd will be completed first, then various implementations of the most popular Wildtools tools. I would say there is still a ways to go but a lot of the basic work is done.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:09 pm

HSD wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm
Having downloaded each of the builds and tried them out, I don't agree with that assessment. The builds are coming on a near weekly basis and feels quite solid, on my M1 Studio Mac it is very fluid and looks and feels very much a Powercadd. It appears the basic PowerCadd will be completed first, then various implementations of the most popular Wildtools tools. I would say there is still a ways to go but a lot of the basic work is done.
The basics are working well- lines, shapes, layers, sheets, etc. The program loads and runs fast and is stable. In my opinion and estimation, they are 60 percent complete. All of us know what is needed in order to make this program worth its while, so I won’t tire you with the details.