New PowerCADD screenshot!

johncruet48

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:58 pm

OK, so here we go! It is the end of the month and we have yet to see a beta version of PowerCADD, as you proposed. We are all anxious to obtain this software. For many of us, PowerCADD is the main computer-aided design tool. I have made several postings on this forum to demonstrate how valuable and important PowerCADD and the Mac computer is to my architectural practice. My challenge to you is this- it is high time to put this software out there to get started. Are you up to this challenge?

Rik Negus

Post by Rik Negus » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm

As a 32 year+ user of this software I have to ask the what's the problem and why can we not have some form of communication with the developer?
Todd are you still involved?
What's happening?
As a long time user I am available for Beta testing.
Hello out there is anyone home?
crickets...............
remember us, the users, the ones that pay the bills

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:20 am

We feel your pain, developers but just a wee update would be nice.
Attachments
Estimates.jpg
Estimates.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 9324 times

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:44 pm

Rik Negus wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm
As a 32 year+ user of this software I have to ask the what's the problem and why can we not have some form of communication with the developer?
What's happening?
As a long time user I am available for Beta testing.
Hello out there is anyone home?
crickets...............
remember us, the users, the ones that pay the bills
Rik,
Crickets...unfortunately no communication has long been the pattern of Engineered Software since the beginning. FormZ/AutoDesSys appears to be the same way.

Both companies deserve to lose customers with their lack of communication. AutoCAD for Mac is looking better and better regardless of PowerCAD's strengths! ;)

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:09 pm

I used to get annoyed by the lack of communication from Engineered Software, loved the product but the silence was not the way to treat your customers, and it seems that it's going the same way with Form Z and that's not a scenario that I would want to relive so I'll need to be convinced that we are not going there again before I spend money on the new iteration of Powercadd.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:21 pm

Currently running PowerCADD using Mojave. Other than not being able to use a modern computer, I am pretty much satisfied with PC (+ WT) in itself. I don't really need new features, cloud compatibility, and other "enhancements". I just want to continue my current workflow (but with a newer computer). Being productive is my primary focus, which is why I generally use the shipping version of WT. I appreciate the new features, but the shipping version is adequate for my needs.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:22 am

Ok, we can wait a little more for the beta, but you could share the promised "details" to be enlisted, at least?
If needed, i have intel (mojave - ventura) and m1 (ventura) macs, i would be very pleased to test the software.

david kropp

Post by david kropp » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:12 am

A quick update on PowerCADD 10. We are in the process of starting beta testing with a small private round with users and 3rd party developers. We are not trying to be exclusive or secretive, we simply need to keep the size of the test group manageable at this initial stage. Once we are comfortable with the results and feel it is running well within this group, then we will expand testing and share the beta with more of the community.

For those that have asked, you will need a Mac running macOS 10.14 or later for PowerCADD 10 (we recommend later). PowerCADD 10 is a “Universal” 64-bit app, so it will run native on Apple Silicon (M1/M2) and older Intel processors.

Please understand that our lack of updates to this point is because our focus is on product development and the nature of this work for this transition requires undivided attention to be effective.

Sorry, this is all taking longer than we expected, but we think you will like the end result.

Thank you for your patience.

david kropp

Post by david kropp » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:12 am

A quick update on PowerCADD 10. We are in the process of starting beta testing with a small private round with users and 3rd party developers. We are not trying to be exclusive or secretive, we simply need to keep the size of the test group manageable at this initial stage. Once we are comfortable with the results and feel it is running well within this group, then we will expand testing and share the beta with more of the community.

For those that have asked, you will need a Mac running macOS 10.14 or later for PowerCADD 10 (we recommend later). PowerCADD 10 is a “Universal” 64-bit app, so it will run native on Apple Silicon (M1/M2) and older Intel processors.

Please understand that our lack of updates to this point is because our focus is on product development and the nature of this work for this transition requires undivided attention to be effective.

Sorry, this is all taking longer than we expected, but we think you will like the end result.

Thank you for your patience.

todd@engsw.com
Site Admin

Post by todd@engsw.com » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:35 am

Rik Negus wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm
Yes, I am still involved.

Due to the terse way people tend to communicate online, sometimes forgetting that there are actual human beings on the development side, I find spending much time in the forum robs engineering productivity.