New PowerCADD screenshot!

Terry Delahunty

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by Terry Delahunty » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 am

c.szollosi.nj wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:58 pm
Is anyone from the development team monitoring this forum or are we simply a mutual admiration or commiseration society as the case may be?
A very good question, given the number of excellently put and reasonable queries that have been submitted over a very long period of time by many others, without any meaningful reply, and typically no reply at all has be given to almost everyone seeking information. It is disrespectful at the very least.

Either no one is monitoring the forum, or they can't bring themselves to provide answers. Either scenario is extremely unprofessional and does the developers no credit. It is certainly not the way to keep your clients and I expect this saga has and will be very bad for business. - Yours and ours.!!!

The way the 64 bit update release is dragging out, for years now, without any meaningful communication or indicative roll-out date in sight, I'm looking at having to purchase a new computer just so that other programs that I rely on can continue to be used. If I must do that, (and it's imminently approaching the point where I must), I certainly will be very unlikely to be interested in forking out significant additional money for the version 10 upgrade.

Is there anybody out there ??? Is there anyone at home ??? Anyone from the development team who cares to tell thus-far loyal customers some meaningful release date estimate, and the likely pricing structure.???

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:09 pm

To be fair, we last heard about six weeks ago with, "Making good progress, but we have encountered some unexpected issues."
Having said that, this is basically a summary of every progress report, made by every manager, for every project ever undertaken. :o

D

Rick@Group3Arch

Post by Rick@Group3Arch » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:35 pm

Terry Delahunty wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 am
c.szollosi.nj wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:58 pm
Is anyone from the development team monitoring this forum or are we simply a mutual admiration or commiseration society as the case may be?
A very good question, given the number of excellently put and reasonable queries that have been submitted over a very long period of time by many others, without any meaningful reply, and typically no reply at all has be given to almost everyone seeking information. It is disrespectful at the very least.

Either no one is monitoring the forum, or they can't bring themselves to provide answers. Either scenario is extremely unprofessional and does the developers no credit. It is certainly not the way to keep your clients and I expect this saga has and will be very bad for business. - Yours and ours.!!!

The way the 64 bit update release is dragging out, for years now, without any meaningful communication or indicative roll-out date in sight, I'm looking at having to purchase a new computer just so that other programs that I rely on can continue to be used. If I must do that, (and it's imminently approaching the point where I must), I certainly will be very unlikely to be interested in forking out significant additional money for the version 10 upgrade.

Is there anybody out there ??? Is there anyone at home ??? Anyone from the development team who cares to tell thus-far loyal customers some meaningful release date estimate, and the likely pricing structure.???
I agree with everything here. I've been a user since PowerDraw 2.0. We've had 5 licenses since downsizing in the Great Recession and I'm holding on as our Macs and OS age out. I can't imagine one of my clients enduring such disregard for their needs but that seems to be the expectation in the world of software. (sigh)

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:53 am

It's my birthday, tomorrow :D

ingseve

Post by ingseve » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:52 pm

I would really like to know where we are with the new 64 bit version: after 35 years of use (from Power Draw) I can't wait much longer to change my old 2012 PB

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:37 pm

At least back in Feb 2022 FormZ users were asking AutoDesSys when formZ will be ready for the Mac M-series chips.

https://forums.formz.com/topic/7378-whe ... -m1-chips/

And I haven't seen any updates indicating anything regarding M-series chips compatibility since Feb. I can only imagine that for AutoDesSys, formZ compatibility takes precedence over PowerCADD compatibility. I would hate for the entire universe of formZ and PowerCADD users to succumb to retirement or worse before these updates are available. However, the lack of responses from anyone who might know something is not at all promising.

poolvibe

Post by poolvibe » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:26 pm

I am hoping for a Christmas Surprise :)

Alfred Scott

Post by Alfred Scott » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Not to worry. It’s a big project, and there are a lot of complexities involved in making the transition to 64-bit. These things just take time.

All will be okay. Be patient.

All these issues of the types of chips in the machine are automatically cleared up with the move to the latest OS. PowerCADD is running now with the current OS. You just don’t get to see it until it’s released.

Alfred

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:24 pm

I would rather have no news than vague updates with no firm timeframe. I'm sure we will be the first to know when there is a fixed release date.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:35 am

I used a 3d animation software, waiting for upgrade for eight years, now, each time the answer is “very soon”. Indeed. Thanks Alfred, but we do need “the boss” to release… an official note, with dates, at least. Professional workers deserve professional developers.