PowerCadd 10

Alfred Scott

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by Alfred Scott » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:36 pm

Bear in mind that PowerCADD 10 is a new program. As a work in progress, I would guess it’s about 10-15% done.

It’s also a new design. Certainly the interface and flow of events with multiple windows on screen is different and not at all like the design and behaviors that we’ve loved and used for the past 30 years.

There are about 430 tools in WildTools and multiple tool palettes. All of these would have to be redone. With the design changes, that’s a bridge too far.

Alfred

Mike Rutter

Post by Mike Rutter » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:50 pm

Ok. Initial announcement was 28-OCT-21. Screenshot posted 26-AUG-22. 15% complete 12-July-23. With generous maths, we should see something in the summer of 2028. This means our group must move to anther design solution.

Please let me know if I have missed something.

Thanks,
Mike
Alfred Scott wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:36 pm
Bear in mind that PowerCADD 10 is a new program. As a work in progress, I would guess it’s about 10-15% done.

It’s also a new design. Certainly the interface and flow of events with multiple windows on screen is different and not at all like the design and behaviors that we’ve loved and used for the past 30 years.

There are about 430 tools in WildTools and multiple tool palettes. All of these would have to be redone. With the design changes, that’s a bridge too far.

Alfred

NedB

Post by NedB » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:51 pm

Sounds as if we’ve been strung along with promises of development, progress and statements of almost there - but now to hear only potentially 10-15% done and what sounds like WT not being updated - what’s the point in hanging on - Whilst not an official update on progress, I think it puts this farce well and truly to bed!……Unless Todd or AutoDesSys deign to provide an official update……….

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:38 pm

Still loving PowerCADD working on an old system. Yet I keep coming across the same shortcomings, such as the reference system, and a few things that just don't always work as they should.

It's so strange as I am closing in on retirement. Too late I think to start with a new program.The cost and time not worth it. Will my computer give out first or will I? And even then will I not be able to access my life's work in the near future? I know. It's not the developer's problem. Just too bad though. I would have paid many times over the original cost of the programs by now to keep PowerCADD going and progressing. So at least PCADD and WT have been an incredible deal!

Mikeconcentric

Post by Mikeconcentric » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:38 pm

PC is only 10 to 15% done? This is utterly ridiculous! Goodby PC and hello QCAD PRO! Enough is enough!

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:15 pm

Nearly two years and 10 to 15% done and Wild Tools not updated - does anybody involved have any commercial acumen, by the time this is complete everybody will have migrated elsewhere and there will be nobody to sell this to.

I was prepared to wait another few months but if its 15% done then I’d doubt that this will ever see the light of day.

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:21 pm

Deleted
Last edited by RRichards on Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:29 pm

Alfred,
Could you have possibly meant to write, "10 to 15% left to do"? Not 10 to 15% done?? It's really time for David Koop of AutoDessys to step up and explain what is going on, if anything.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:47 pm

Alfred Scott wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:36 pm

Alfred
As a long time PowerCADD user, this is disheartening to an extreme. Just a few days ago, you reported that this program was running fine on your platform. Now 10 to 15 percent done? One wonders what the real story is. Is it that the developers have better things to do with their time and are involved in more lucrative projects that PowerCADD? I have become extremely cynical at this juncture. Maybe it's time for me to look at another program. Getting involved in Vectorworks is an option for me. I've exercised extreme patience with this. There is no good time table to develop a good 2D program as the rest of the world seems to be dealing in BIM and work flows. Could that be the dilemma?

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:47 am

This latest "news" might be the straw that helps me decide to accelerate my retirement. I moved to Hawaii a month ago, and am losing my compulsion to work.