PowerCadd 10

joseph

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by joseph » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:34 am

Hello, how far from extended/public beta?

[email protected]
Site Admin

Post by [email protected] » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:08 pm

PeterKona wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:33 pm
I also want to put here my OPINION that some of the frustrated posts here are the very reason developers don't preview usually. You should be used this by now. Usually a developer is not going to tip their hand, because it's a often a thankless gesture, not to mention other complications from making predictions.
Peter, thank you for putting that out so succinctly. Developing software for macOS is a constantly moving target. Unforeseeable snags during development or inaccuracies in predicting timelines are rarely well accepted.

Best,
Todd

[email protected]
Site Admin

Post by [email protected] » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:19 pm

johncruet48 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:26 pm
I'd rather see just the most useful WildTools be incorporated into PC10. For one thing, the 3D tools don't need to be incorporated if porting PowerCADD data into FormZ is a feature. Having one complete set of drawing tools in one palette, and another set of modifying tools in another palette, is what works for me.
Since at this point the future of WildTools is uncertain, we are working to fill this need with PowerCADD 10 native tools. What do you consider to be the most important tools which should be incorporated into PowerCADD 10.

Best,
Todd

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:09 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:08 pm
PeterKona wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:33 pm
I also want to put here my OPINION that some of the frustrated posts here are the very reason developers don't preview usually. You should be used this by now. Usually a developer is not going to tip their hand, because it's a often a thankless gesture, not to mention other complications from making predictions.
Peter, thank you for putting that out so succinctly. Developing software for macOS is a constantly moving target. Unforeseeable snags during development or inaccuracies in predicting timelines are rarely well accepted.

Best,
Todd
Not communicating results in frustrated posts. For software customers to have no clue or idea when a product will be updated to actually work on a current modern OS is negligent.

Successful software companies give frequent updates as well as a roadmap for development and communicated regularly to their installed base. To do otherwise will cause the decline of customers who will gradually transition to other competitors!

JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:14 pm

Todd,

I use the spline tool, cloud tool, shrub and tree tool with every drawing. Scissor, cut, parallel offset, trim and extend, offset. Sorry, I'm sure some of these are powercadd tools as well. I have a hard time imagining using PowerCadd without Wildtools. It's integral to my process as a landscape architect developing drawings for clients. I hope things can be worked out with Alfred. He has been an important part of PowerCadd for many years and helped me when I had questions. Plus he makes me laugh.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:53 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:19 pm
(snip)
Since at this point the future of WildTools is uncertain, we are working to fill this need with PowerCADD 10 native tools. What do you consider to be the most important tools which should be incorporated into PowerCADD 10.

Best,
Todd
Todd -- I just sent an email with my list of commonly used WT tools to the technical support email address listed on the ES web site.

thanks for your efforts,
patrick

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:57 pm

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the invite to express which WildTools are used most often.
The following tools are used almost every day:
• Move Points
• Break Line
• Wall Trim
• Grid Line
• Ballon Text
• Cloud
• Section Line

• Wavy Line - occasionally used but handy

Best, Bill

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:53 pm

WildTools has great Door and Window placement tools with a dialog box that sets important parameters. Let’s make sure these two tools re part of the PC 10 toolset.

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:01 am

Todd,

My list of most used tools specific to WildTools were:

• Move Points
• most of the Nuts and Bolts palette
• Pixel Tools (mainly Crop, Erase Inside/Outside outside and Eraser)
• Cloud Tool
• Brake Line Tool
• Tornado Tool
• Scale Tool

[Edit]
also
• Linear Repeat
• Linear Duplicate
• Linear Distribute
[end edit]

In addition to tools, I also found the Style Tools to by very useful, mainly whereby I could change the line weight of any one of the dimensioning tools and all dimensioning tools followed suit. And the same for other object tools like lines, circles, rectangles, beziers, etc. where they had their own communal settings.

The other thing I found really helpful with WildTools was all the Live View feedback. With a tool in hand, objects in the drawing would highlight before I clicked on them so I knew exactly was about be selected and once the tools was active I would see the result of the final action before I committed. This increased my drawing speed a lot with far less hesitation and fewer undos being required.

Cheers,
Derek

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:42 am

I like the needle tool along with the "match" function. It really helps in working with attributes as you go, with little thought. I use the match function constantly to move to layers and set tool attributes. Helpful in reworking imported drawings (also the Magic Wand). There are just too many great tools to choose from in WT--you forget that you are constantly using them.