PowerCadd 10

arogerr

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by arogerr » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:33 pm

EduardoJB wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:12 pm
Respectfully... and honestly, I see no reason why PowerCADD should support ancient OS systems. Most other software does not anyway, and even OSs will eventually not support older machines either. Yes, having an all-newer workstation will maybe be costly for some, but we cannot expect total satisfaction for all. And, obviously, if that could mean making the wait even longer, it makes less sense.
Agree! Let's just get the new version released for once. If trying to satisfy old OS's is the reasons for this long delay, that really makes no sense. Some of us have waited to long that we're starting to retire or...

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 pm

Can we just get something released for once. It's clear everyone is jumping through hoops to stay with PowerCadd, but the feeling that the developers are not appreciative is beginning to wear on me. I'm hauling around two laptops because of this one program.
Enough excuses already!
Very poor marketing or public relations...

RamblerPC9

Post by RamblerPC9 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:48 pm

Looking for an UPDATE on Software release.

Can someone please provide a status update? Next anticipated release date? What is the process for getting a beta testing version of the new release?

david kropp

Post by david kropp » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:33 pm

arogerr wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:53 pm
Can we just get something released for once. It's clear everyone is jumping through hoops to stay with PowerCadd, but the feeling that the developers are not appreciative is beginning to wear on me. I'm hauling around two laptops because of this one program.
Enough excuses already!
Very poor marketing or public relations...
We understand your frustration and we do appreciate your continued patience. We are trying to get you something as fast as we can. However, you will be equally frustrated if the product is not good. There was simply a lot more to be done than we expected and unfortunately, there was no real way to predict this when we started.

MWolfe

Post by MWolfe » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:38 pm

👍🏻 Understood and thanks.

david kropp

Post by david kropp » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:49 pm

We are pleased to announce that Alfred has graciously given us the rights to develop WildTools for PowerCADD 10 (and beyond). We are excited to be able to secure the future of WildTools.

WildTools for PowerCADD 10 will not happen overnight as there is a lot of work ahead to modernize the extensive tool set. Alfred will not be actively involved in future development, however, he has offered his support and assistance in interpreting his work as needed. We expect WildTools to be available after the first release of PowerCADD 10 and will likely start with a subset of the tools and build up with time. Feedback from WildTools users on the priority of features will help guide our efforts.

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:26 pm

David

This is very encouraging news! It also pays honor to the work that Alfred has done. I know PCADD without any WildTools would be challenging.

Ralph

Silvarch

Post by Silvarch » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:48 pm

david kropp wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:49 pm
We are pleased to announce that Alfred has graciously given us the rights to develop WildTools for PowerCADD 10 (and beyond). We are excited to be able to secure the future of WildTools.
This is the best news I've heard in a long while on the PowerCadd/Wildtools front!!!

So generous of Alfred and so good that David and Todd will take on the development of WildTools for PowerCadd 10. Alfred has been an amazing support to PowerCadd and all of us users over the years and will be sorely missed, however, I can certainly understand when an individual who has contributed so much realizes that the job at hand is now for younger guns to move forward. Thank you Alfred and Thank you David. We look forward to being able to start beta testing!

Regards,
Eugene Silva
Edmonton, Canada

David Jones

Post by David Jones » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Great news! Alfred and his WildTools has been so important for my work! This is a good outcome!

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:48 pm

What a great way to end the week. Very good news for the PoweCadd users that depend on Wildtools. Like everyone else looking forward to the beta testing. I've been set up and ready for it for a while now. Also, work has slowed just enough to really give it a workout. :)