PowerCadd 10

Marco
Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by Marco » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:39 pm

On the Form Z forums they are saying powercadd is 85% complete.
Attachments
powercadd.png
powercadd.png (378.74KiB)Viewed 25170 times

MWolfe

Post by MWolfe » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:52 pm

That’s dated 7/15/23. And it’s what Todd stated in this thread on the same date

Jean Claude EuanCADD

Post by Jean Claude EuanCADD » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:44 am

P&JArchitects wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:22 pm
PowerCadd is the life blood of our office. We've been holding off on new computers to keep PowerCADD active. Now there are other applications/websites that are starting to not work because of the old computer. Because we have over 20 years of PowerCADD files we really don't want to switch to a different drafting platform....especially if there is a new PowerCADD coming at some point. I understand that it takes time and I appreciate the effort it is taking to keep it alive but would love to know a rough timeframe (or that it is even going to happen) so I can make a decision for my office. If we got any kind of update I'd feel more confident in my decision to stay loyal to PowerCADD but we can't wait forever.
Our office is in the same boat.

They do not care. 'it will be ready when it's ready' and apparently we should be grateful. It is ridiculous but they simply do not care, month after month year after year.

Marco

Post by Marco » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:41 pm

Is there a way to run High sierra through emulation on the new macs so we can run powercadd through emulation until powercadd 10 is ready?

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:47 pm

Quick answer- no!

samb1960

Post by samb1960 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Well said.

The only thing I can add to that is my frustration. I feel like we are all being given the ole run-around here. Come on PowerCADD, please finish this thing already!

johncruet48

Ready for PC10

Post by johncruet48 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:14 pm

OK, I got my Mac Studio- M2 max processor. 32 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD- tested rendering of a complex VectorWorks model, rendered in 15 seconds vs. 1 minute 20 seconds on my 2019 15" MacBook Pro. Bottom line- BRING POWERCADD 10 ON!

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:54 pm

Jean Claude EuanCADD wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:44 am
P&JArchitects wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:22 pm
PowerCadd is the life blood of our office. We've been holding off on new computers to keep PowerCADD active. Now there are other applications/websites that are starting to not work because of the old computer. Because we have over 20 years of PowerCADD files we really don't want to switch to a different drafting platform....especially if there is a new PowerCADD coming at some point. I understand that it takes time and I appreciate the effort it is taking to keep it alive but would love to know a rough timeframe (or that it is even going to happen) so I can make a decision for my office. If we got any kind of update I'd feel more confident in my decision to stay loyal to PowerCADD but we can't wait forever.
Our office is in the same boat.

They do not care. 'it will be ready when it's ready' and apparently we should be grateful. It is ridiculous but they simply do not care, month after month year after year.
Jean Claude,
This attitude from Engineered Software is the reason the PowerCADD user base has diminished over the last 30 years and eventually to the point of the software's extinction. The many years of ignoring the need to transition code to the newer MacOS versions resulted in this last ditch effort to save PowerCADD. The arrogance of not giving frequent updates along with a roadmap boggles my mind! Every successful small MacOS developer communicates this info to their customers. Even if a developer is behind schedule customers are understanding as long as you communicate!

iparos

Post by iparos » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:16 pm

Hello everyone.
I am an external developer for PowerCADD (Architectural Extensions and Topography Tools) and am busy updating my plugins for PowerCADD 10.
Certainly the conversion of old plugins from version 9 to 10 involves a lot of work from an interface point of view because from PowerCADD 9 to PowerCADD 10 there was a big leap towards a new, modern and better performing user interface.
On the other hand, developing a plugin for PowerCADD 10 is easier than developing a plugin for PowerCADD 9 thanks to improvements made internally by the PowerCADD development team.
Of the 5 plugins that I need to update, I have already completed two of them and I am in the process of updating the other three.
Todd is very helpful and gave me suggestions and help in developing my external and for that I thank him publicly.
I'm sorry for Alfred's post where he said that the development of PowerCADD 10 is at 10-15% because it is absolutely not true as already pointed out by Todd and David and this has led to a bit of an uproar on the forum.
The PowerCADD 10 interface is new but reflects the PowerCADD philosophy and the user will not have to learn new things but will instead have a more beautiful and comfortable way to work.
After the release of PowerCADD 10 and my updated externals, I will be able to dedicate myself to the development of further externals based on user requests and the task will be easier thanks to the improvements made to the internal code of PowerCADD 10 which allows for simpler development compared to the previous versions.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:18 pm

I think we are near; I expect a beta versions “for the rest of us” within two weeks. Crossed fingers.