PowerCadd 10

johncruet48

Re: PowerCadd 10 OFF TOPIC but need Help...

Post by johncruet48 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:33 pm

giulio.piovene wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:59 am
Hello everyone. I am using, or rather I was using, PowerCadd latest release with updated Wild Tools on an old iMac Mid 2011 with Mojave 10.14.6
Just curious- how is it you managed to install Mojave on a Mid 2011 iMac?

I recently got rid of my mid-2011 iMac because it would not install Mojave- the latest it could install was High Sierra. I resorted to doing all of my computing using my 2019 MacBook Pro. PowerCadd 9 runs happily on my MacBook Pro running Mojave.

RRichards

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by RRichards » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 pm

John,

There is a post about this on Macintouch today:

Open Core Legacy Patcher is software from Dortania to patch macOS “to breath new life to Macs no longer supported by Apple, allowing for the installation and usage of macOS Big Sur and newer on machines as old as 2007.”

Cheers,
Ralph

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:41 pm

RRichards wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 pm
Open Core Legacy Patcher is software from Dortania to patch macOS “to breath new life to Macs no longer supported by Apple, allowing for the installation and usage of macOS Big Sur and newer on machines as old as 2007.”

Cheers,
Ralph
This is interesting news as the are claiming the patcher provides "Support for macOS Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura" so these could be installed on older Macs back to 2007!

giulio.piovene

Post by giulio.piovene » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:20 am

The problem I encounter and which has worsened over the years with PowerCadd is with text boxes and dimensions. I reformatted the computer and installed PowerCadd by downloading the latest version from the ENGSW site, I did not install additional fonts but only the generic software to use the computer and work (nothing special or strange). With a clean, new file, the problem persists. Exactly this is: difficulty editing text in text windows already created with continuous freezes of a few seconds when you go to edit the text. If I use the most complex text tool, the one with the most sophisticated formatting, only today I discovered that things work better, a little better.
Another problem I encounter is about deleting dimensions: if I select them with a click I can't then delete them with backspace: I have to select them by dragging the selection, then I can delete them. Very strange.
I forgot. Today's news is that by selecting the simple text tool and going to write something, the text appears invisible (white on white but also changing the background), even if it remains selectable. Obviously I checked that I had the right text settings but nothing. It doesn't let me see it but only select it and I can't change the attributes even later (or at least I don't see the results)
However I purchased ViaCAD 2D for $70 and it doesn't seem to be bad. Certainly less sophisticated and beautiful (Windows style interface) but I want to get used to it because it has a negligible cost and many things I use (guidelines) are similar. I have to dedicate myself to ViaCAD and abandon PowerCadd because I'm tired of waiting. Via CAD it also imports PC files by translating them into DWG quite well. For $70 I recommend you check it out!
Another interesting software more dedicated to architecture is HighDesign by an Italian developer. Price around 350/500 dollars depending on the version. No annual subscription. Worth taking into consideration!
Unfortunately my hopes for PowerCadd 10 are growing dimmer and I'm tired of waiting and working knowing that if I have a problem I have to fix it myself. You can't do business in these conditions! It's a shame because I've been using it since it was called PowerDraw and I don't even remember how many years it accompanied me...
A warm greeting to all of you who are waiting with hope in your heart!
Giulio from Venice, Italy

Pat971

Post by Pat971 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:17 pm

Derek wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:33 pm
Hi all,

At the risk of getting myself in trouble I'll share the following observations on PC 10...
Thank you Derek ! It's so nice to read a message like this! Thank you!

gybognarjr

Post by gybognarjr » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:07 am

I sent dozens of emails to [email protected] and before to the previous support email, but never got any specific information. There is a cloud of unreasonable and illogical secrecy about the PowerCADD 10 version we are waiting for three years plus. It is costing a lot of money to operate an outdated software (16 bit) OS just for the PowerCADD, that is many years behind in development.

Oh excuses they had millions, communication and information a big zero. What I have on my mind about the so called developers of PowerCADD 10 cannot be written down, they are just tons of vitreous swear words.

I have very serious doubts, that there ever be a PowerCADD 10. Only criminals and people who have things to hide who work in total secrecy.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:02 pm

RRichards wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:48 pm
John,

There is a post about this on Macintouch today:

Cheers,
Ralph
Sadly, that was no help to me regarding the iMac 2011. If I was to install this software I would not be able to run PC9 on Big Sur anyhow. Besides the fact that my mid 2011 iMac was NOT Airdrop compatible, so off to the recycling program it went.

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:06 pm

Derek wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:33 pm
Hi all,

At the risk of getting myself in trouble I'll share the following observations on PC 10. I am one of the early beta testers and have signed a non-disclosure agreement to not discuss the beta. Hopefully this doesn't breach the agreement too far.......

As I said, I hope I don't get in trouble for this post but also hope it allays some of the concerns other users have.

Cheers,
Derek
Derek, thanks for the heads-up! So basically, am I to understand that this program, in general, is up and running on your Mac? Anyhow, your input is valuable and much appreciated!

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:29 pm

johncruet48 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:06 pm
So basically, am I to understand that this program, in general, is up and running on your Mac?
Yes.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:18 am

Why not? The beta for the rest of us (forumers, at least).