PowerCadd 10

ryandrnek

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by ryandrnek » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:10 am

Very excited about the beta, but really need some info. Is there anything available about purchasing? Do we know if this will be subscription pricing? I'm trying to prepare for the new release, including buying a new machine. Would be really great to have a list of requirements and costs to anticipate the launch.

pebblebeach

Post by pebblebeach » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:03 pm

david kropp wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:15 pm
Just a quick note to reassure the PowerCADD community that we are committed to the modern PowerCADD. We have encountered a number of technical challenges and unexpected medical issues with our team that have us far behind our goals. At this point, we hope to release a public beta around the middle of December.  We are looking forward to sharing the new PowerCADD with you once we feel it will meet your expectations
I hope your team's health is okay. Any sort of update or further information on the public beta release would be gratefully received. Thank you.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:25 pm

Around the middle, radius? (Just fooling. Around?) :mrgreen:

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:22 am

Rik Negus wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:37 pm
Goodbye PowerCadd
It has been 33 years and you have served me well during that time but it is time to move on.
The office I work with is all on Revit so today I decided to make the jump, I will also be leaving SketchUp behind.
I have ordered a new Mac Studio and a 27" monitor and I will run Parallels on it using Revit on the Mac.
I will be 79 in February and I am give this opportunity to learn new things.
Nothing is forever.
Wow! That’s a big jump from PowerCadd to Revit, two opposite ends of the CAD spectrums! I’ve worked at offices that use Revit and it is not easy to learn!

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:54 pm

Please just send us what you got PowerCADD people. After years of waiting, us loyal users just need to know where things stand. I have made up my mind, BIM isn't for me, but if the new PowerCADD just isn't going to happen (and we've been here before), please just come out and say it, at which point we can make the decision we've been delaying for years. I have this awful feeling we're going to hear an announcement from Form Z before y'all that announces the end of this short-lived joint venture. I have to think they are as frustrated as the rest of us, if not more so. :cry:

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:29 pm

I do fear that you may be right and I need to see the new Powercadd soon, I cancelled my Vectorworks Select licence in March as we were told Powercadd was coming and I love working with Powercadd but Vectorworks have offered a re-instatement of my licence if I accept this month. So I'm running out of time and if I accept the Vectorworks offer I doubt I'll be back - we all have limited funds and need to make the best of them.

If anybody is interested my M3pro MacBook is awesome.

Pat971

Post by Pat971 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:13 pm

david kropp wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:15 pm
Just a quick note to reassure the PowerCADD community that we are committed to the modern PowerCADD. We have encountered a number of technical challenges and unexpected medical issues with our team that have us far behind our goals. At this point, we hope to release a public beta around the middle of December.  We are looking forward to sharing the new PowerCADD with you once we feel it will meet your expectations
Here we are on December 20, the key date between middle December and Christmas, and still nothing.
Obviously, the stress has returned, and I hope with all my heart that it's a little tease to get it delivered under the tree, but honestly I'd have preferred a clear announcement for Christmas, or even the end of the year.
After all these years and twists and turns, it's really exhausting crossing the fingers every day when checking the forum...
We still believe in you guys, Merry Christmas!

jswain

Post by jswain » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 pm

FormZ has just announced an updated version available next week.

jswain

Post by jswain » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:22 am

jswain wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 pm
FormZ has just announced an updated version available next week. V10

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:24 pm

Do you have a link for the announcement?