PowerCadd 10

Matt_A

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by Matt_A » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:13 pm

rjpotter wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:55 am
Todd asked for a note of which Wild Tools we would like integrated into the new PowerCADD.

Based on responses from our team of 10+ PCadd users the priorities are attached.

The Trim Tool is the most crucial one for productivity.

Looking forward to testing the Beta!

Jonathan

WildToolsPriorities v4.jpg

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned zoomer, style tools, or open clip.

I haven't been able to discern what the incentive is for me to give up the functionality of any tool I currently have access to.

StevenJ

Post by StevenJ » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:11 pm

Thanks for adding me to this discussion. I've been following for a long time. I am a self employed architect and make my livelihood with PC so this is extremely important to me. I'm very excited to be added to the list of Beta testers in this next round. I was absolutely dreading having to buy and learn a new program so I'm more then thrilled that progress is being made. We are a tough group and it's been encouraging that so many of us have stuck this through (we didn't have a huge number of options).

I am a diehard Move Points tool user so I add my vote to that tool as well. In the meantime, my 2018 iMac with High Sierra chugs along happily (for the most part). I am adding a new to me MacBook Pro 2018 to provide redundancy but look forward to tinkering with PC10 on my M2 MacBook Air.

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:39 pm

Move points WT style is a must for me!

As far as what to "give up" That's hard. There are a great number of WT that I don't use at all, but the ones I use, I depend on. All the transformation tools for one, and any clip and extend tool. Bubble / Callout / Sections of course save a lot of time, doors and windows.

Sometimes I use Topo tools, but not regularly, but when I do it's Dos Equis. I mean when I do its incredibly powerful for site work.

NeilY

Post by NeilY » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:09 pm

It's the way that I draw but the Wild Tools multi trim and the multi offset tool are essential for me

robpar

Post by robpar » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:47 pm

I’ve been a user since the Power Draw days… long time. The news of a potential release soon is great. I’m at the end of my rope using PC9. Need PC10. I can be tester if needed (architect working with sketchup, Gimp, fotosketcher)

The Oak

Post by The Oak » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:44 am

I started using PowerCADD in early 2000s for set & prop design. At the time, PowerCADD 2000 was the most expensive software I'd ever purchased. I lucked into a great deal on a MacIntosh IIcx desktop publishing set-up - computer, laser printer, scanner + Adobe Illustrator & Aldus Freehand graphic illustration programs. With no training in either computers or graphic design, I tried Illustrator, learned to despise Adobe, gave up in frustration, and turned to Freehand. This may sound hyperbolic, but Freehand changed my life. The combination of software and computer both designed to optimize productivity instead of forcing users to bend the knee to a tyrannical A-then-B-then-C-or-else learning curve set me free. Made for users like me.

Freehand was a revelation, but it wasn't CADD. Drawing in scale & dimensioning was an exercise in frustration. I built scale tables with fraction to decimal conversions. I manually added arrowheads to dimension lines, manually added leaders. I needed a CADD program and I needed one built for the Mac. I free-trialed lots of programs. Then I found PowerCADD. I opened a new document, fiddled, and started being productive almost immediately, as if PowerCADD knew what I needed to do however I wanted to do it. Made for users like me.

I don't use PC every day, but I depend on it. I need it. I'm waiting, like everyone in this forum, for PC10. And I'll hold on, running PC on my 2013 MacBook Pro with Mojave until PC10 arrives. My MBM1 will wait, I'll swallow my impatience. And I'll say THANK YOU to the developers that are doing everything they can to keep this remarkable program alive. THANK YOU for making PowerCADD 10 just for me.

nametabb

Post by nametabb » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:35 pm

It has been interesting to see what different tools are used by each person posting. Can't help but thinking that requests for the WT Door & Window palette and the move tool come from architects like myself but hard to envision what others do.

After the commercial release of PC10 would anyone else be interested in an annual/semiannual Zoom meetup? Nothing structured, just sharing over coffee what tools we use & how, maybe collectively solve an issue or just show off current drawings. Maybe the development team could participate or even moderate.

Just some positive forward thinking since the public beta is pending and it all looks very real.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:01 pm

nametabb wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:35 pm
It has been interesting to see what different tools are used by each person posting. Can't help but thinking that requests for the WT Door & Window palette and the move tool come from architects like myself but hard to envision what others do.

After the commercial release of PC10 would anyone else be interested in an annual/semiannual Zoom meetup? Nothing structured, just sharing over coffee what tools we use & how, maybe collectively solve an issue or just show off current drawings. Maybe the development team could participate or even moderate.

Just some positive forward thinking since the public beta is pending and it all looks very real.
Great idea. Count me in!

Lester Tobias

Post by Lester Tobias » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:58 pm

I need the trim tool, divide tool, and cloud tool.

Thanks.

Lester Tobias

Post by Lester Tobias » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:00 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot, Find Layer is a critical wild tool....

Thanks.