PowerCadd 10

RTCool

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by RTCool » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:33 pm

Robert wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm
I just downloaded the new beta build and I get a 'You are not licensed for this product" dialog when I launch.
I had that issue, but now it's working. It may have been that I have a different email for setting up accounts than regular correspondence, but I don't know if straightening that out is what mattered.
Robert wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm
Is there a forum for the Public Beta users?
While beta testing another product for another company, there was a closed section of the bulletin board that only beta testers could talk to each other, and I found that quite valuable. I don't know it this BB software is good enough to implement that.

Rob

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:31 pm

WOW! I'm amazed how many hoops PC9 users are jumping through to keep their machines and application running, like installing Parallels!
I'm complaining just hauling two MacOS Powerbook Pros around (one with a dead battery that Apple seems to can't replace anymore), the other with an M2 Pro chip that I love.
Bravo to you guys. I don't have the patience. Just completed a project where the Owner and Architect of Record inquired about what program I was using that looked so good. I had to avoid saying I'm still working on a 32 bit application that's taking a long to to update and still running on ancient OS!

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:06 am

arogerr wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:31 pm
WOW! I'm amazed how many hoops PC9 users are jumping through to keep their machines and application running, like installing Parallels!
arogerr,

I guess it remains to be seen how long you feel you need to lug that second laptop around before PC10 and the yet to be developed WildTools meet all your drawing needs. Those who don't use WildTools will be up and running in no time when PC10 is released.

There are some however who feel they must have various aspects of WildTools and that differs from user to user, discipline to discipline, etc. You might be lucky and benefit from new tools in PC10 that are delivered quickly but others may struggle if things don't arrive in the short term. I guess that's why people who want a one Mac solution and have a need for WildTools are hedging their bets for now and going the virtual machine path. Others are quite happy to have dual Mac options that meet their own needs, real or perceived.

Myself, I retried a few years back and my dependence on PowerCadd and WildTools has diminished a lot.I still love the software, the passionate community (although they are strained by the time factor) and being involved. I try not to compare how I do (or did) things with other users when they have problems or questions they post here. This forum and its previous incarnations show there are a lot of others who feel the same and chip in to help others. That is a pretty good place to be.

Derek.

MarcoAntonini

Post by MarcoAntonini » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 am

Good morning from Italy, I am a "very simple" user of Power Cadd, I don't use Wild tools, for my work the program alone is really sufficient. Exactly, it is sufficient but indispensable!! I was included in the beta test on October 5, 2023 and since then I see that many are using the Beta version but unfortunately it wasn't sent to me: is there any hope of being able to start using it?? Thank you
Attachments
Schermata 2024-03-23 alle 09.46.39.png
Schermata 2024-03-23 alle 09.46.39.png (66.8 KiB) Viewed 877 times
Schermata 2024-03-23 alle 09.46.39.png
Schermata 2024-03-23 alle 09.46.39.png (66.8 KiB) Viewed 877 times

Derek
Site Admin

Post by Derek » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 am

MarcoAntonini,

See the post just a few days ago by David Kropp:
Please email [email protected] if you are having any issues with the PowerCADD 10 beta including licensing issues. Please include "PowerCADD 10 beta" in the subject line!

MarcoAntonini

Post by MarcoAntonini » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:09 am

Hi, maybe my English isn't very correct, I'll try to explain better: I don't have any problem with Power Cadd 10 Beta simply because I never received the Beta version, despite being on the list since 5 October 2033. My question is precisely referring to the possibility of having this Beta version.
I sent an email to [email protected]
but no response. Thank you