PowerCadd 10

MarcoAntonini

PowerCadd 10

Post by MarcoAntonini » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:47 am

Hello everyone, my name is Marco and I am writing from Italy to have "safe" news about PowerCadd 10: I have been a PoewerCadd user since 1990 and I have followed all the evolutions of this magnificent program but now it is becoming urgent for me to know what it is. the real situation since I have to change my MacBook Pro, working with Paralles is very frustrating..... What I ask is to have a time reference to know how many more months you have to wait to have the 64 bit version, Thanks for a sincere and documented answer and many thanks from Italy

joseph

Re: PowerCadd 10

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:09 am

Hello (from Italy too), the beta is out (abacus, italian reseller, have it for private testing, I received their email); David Kropp said a beta open to the community should follow; Alfred Scott (wildtools) has the beta, he could (would he?) say the percentage of development (50%? 80%?). I asked, he didn't answer.

marco.amelia

Post by marco.amelia » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:40 pm

Hello i'm Marco (from Italy too), but the beta and the future commercial version of PowerCadd 10, works with M1 and M2 processor too?
I just bought a macbook pro 16 with m1.

Leon

Post by Leon » Mon May 01, 2023 6:18 pm

From 78 year old, running PC(add) since early 90's. Just bought a 16" M2, and am nursing along my 2016 pro (which has been repaired numerous time and is finally hanging in here fairly well, knock on wood). Sure would like to have 10 before I croak, or even have an estimated delivery date, even if it gets modified. Schedules are not chiseled in stone, for heaven sakes...we are human and stuff happens. Get over the non-sense regarding the fear of failing to make a date. Is there anyone out here that has made every schedule they have been involved with?! It must be obvious to anyone interested that PC users are loyal to a FAULT.

Give us something, even a best guess is okay, even if it is a WAG (Wild A__ Guess).

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue May 02, 2023 1:10 pm

I just bought a macbook pro 16 with m2 and am eagerly awaiting the ability to use PowerCADD on it. My old 27" iMac was falling off the back of the turnip truck and I needed a new computer to upgrade Quicken. I'll still use the iMac for PC, but would love to be on one computer instead of juggling between two.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Tue May 16, 2023 11:24 pm

patrickm wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 1:10 pm
I just bought a macbook pro 16 with m2 and am eagerly awaiting the ability to use PowerCADD on it. My old 27" iMac was falling off the back of the turnip truck and I needed a new computer to upgrade Quicken. I'll still use the iMac for PC, but would love to be on one computer instead of juggling between two.
I must say that after two weeks, I am tired of running two computers side by side, so that I can us PC9 on one, and all my other applications on the other. File management has been a challenge, trying to figure out a system to ensure that I don’t accidentally delete or overwrite a critical file. I finally realized that I can keep all my documents on the new computer, and access that computer via file sharing, so my old computer simply has PC9 on it but the files are on the newer computer. Kind of nerve wracking, but I think I’ve got everything up and running and able to be backed up, etc. Can’t wait to have just one computer, running PC10.

Keith Renton

Post by Keith Renton » Wed May 17, 2023 6:24 am

Hi Patrick

I've been running 2 iMacs for a couple of years now, each sharing a second screen. I use the Synergy app which allows me to seamlessly use the same keyboard and mouse on both machines simultaneously and to copy and paste between machines. It works really well and allows me to jump between machines instantly. Each has a separate SS hard drive for back up via time machine

Regards

Keith

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Wed May 17, 2023 10:51 pm

Keith Renton wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:24 am
Hi Patrick

I've been running 2 iMacs for a couple of years now, each sharing a second screen. I use the Synergy app which allows me to seamlessly use the same keyboard and mouse on both machines simultaneously and to copy and paste between machines. It works really well and allows me to jump between machines instantly. Each has a separate SS hard drive for back up via time machine

Regards

Keith
Thank you so much for mentioning Synergy to me. I bought/installed it and upgraded my old (2010) 17" MacBook Pro from Sierra to High Sierra, and I am off and running. Using the same mouse/keyboard for both computers really helps (and is better for my posture). Thanks for enlightening me!

gui

Post by gui » Thu May 18, 2023 1:15 pm

I use Barrier. It is open source

JeffSnyder

Post by JeffSnyder » Thu May 18, 2023 3:39 pm

Same here: two computers. One for modern apps and one for PowerCADD. I store all files on iCloud so both machines have access at all times. No on site storage.

Will check out the Synergy app!

Jeff S