"PowerCADD already running on this network..."

PowerCADD & WildTools
EduardoJB

"PowerCADD already running on this network..."

Post by EduardoJB » Fri May 14, 2021 5:56 pm

Error message. Same with WildTools. But, they aren't. There's no other machine running the software. Even tried switching networks. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you

johncruet48

Re: "PowerCADD already running on this network..."

Post by johncruet48 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Make sure you are NOT logged on to a local area network (LAN). I assume you have a single license. If need be, disconnect your Ethernet and reboot your Mac when off network.

EduardoJB

Post by EduardoJB » Fri May 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Thank you. I have a single license and have not done anything different than usual. Connected to Wi-Fi. I have tried with two different networks. No other machine in the office uses PowerCADD (they are running Windows on PCs). I even reinstalled the software. Must be some corrupt license file?

EduardoJB

Post by EduardoJB » Fri May 14, 2021 6:23 pm

Even with wi-fi off and rebooting, and not connected to any network, keeps saying the same thing.

EduardoJB

Post by EduardoJB » Fri May 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Deleted the Registration File and registered again. Nor working...

poolvibe

Post by poolvibe » Fri May 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Someone, Somewhere, could be using your key. That alert is not restricted to the LAN. If that serial # is logged on anywhere connected to the net, ENGSW knows.

You did say that you turned off wifi on the machine altogether? rebooted with wifi off and launched PC?

EduardoJB

Post by EduardoJB » Fri May 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Like I said, I'm the only person who works with PowerCADD in this office. In fact, I'm the only person who works with a Mac in the whole office. I'm going to try it again when I get home. If it works there, it may have something to do with the network here. I'll post again if it works at my home. If not, it's got to be a corrupted file (although I've reinstalled it twice). If you have any other possible solution, please let me know. I'm not sure if I could contact PowerCADD and maybe change keys????

EduardoJB

Post by EduardoJB » Fri May 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Thanks guys for all your suggestions... The problem is apparently the office networks. It works perfectly fine at home with my network.