Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Where to from here?

Moderator: lava

G4FDC

Re: Register Your Interest in a Forward Move

Post by G4FDC » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:52 pm

I'm partially retired meaning that I have a few clients that I do work for. I have been a user since PowerDraw and self taught.
I am still amazed how easy it was to learn. I also use Illustrator and since last year Adobe moved to leasing their product.
I pay $31 a month, $372 per year and to make it any where near PowerCADD I purchase CaddTools and plug-ins for $340 and it is still cumbersome to use.
Engineered Software has been pretty inexpensive in my point of view and very interested in seeing it thrive.

lava

Post by lava » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:27 pm

We have news that a strategic partnership between PowerCadd and FormZ 3D software will ensure the next version of PowerCadd will be developed and completed. I'd like to believe that the users clear statements of interest here contributed to that in some small way, so thank you for your posts. Please continue.
Greg La Vardera
www.lamidesign.com

bellarchitect

Post by bellarchitect » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:11 pm

Agreed, thanks Greg!

LMigliore

Post by LMigliore » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:13 pm

I am interested. I started using Power Draw around 1994 (at least those are the oldest files I can find) and have numerous systems in place around the world that were designed on Power Draw and PowerCADD. Customers sometimes have questions that require going back to the drawings. I keep an old PowerBook around for this that still runs PowerCADD but it's not going to live forever. It's worth money to me for PowerCADD to be made current.

Accuplan

Post by Accuplan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:52 am

2seats for myself so I can go between my desktop and laptop without conflicts. Started with Powerdraw about 1988. So I’m shocked that we may lose access to our old drawings. I work on small scale projects, barely profitable since I donate work to The Children’s museum, churches, low income housing etc.

bo5

Post by bo5 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:22 am

one seat

snydmax

Post by snydmax » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:15 pm

1 seat for sure... possibly a second if that will be required to run on multiple machines (i.e. laptop and desktop)

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:18 pm

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:17 pm

Todd announced that Engineered Software has reached agreement with AutoDesSys, the developer of form•Z, to continue the development and support for PowerCADD. It seems to me that constitutes a forward move in the right direction, certainly it would seem to address many of the concerns of those worried about obsoleting the work they have done in the last twenty or thirty years.

envar

Post by envar » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:18 pm

1 seat here