New PowerCADD screenshot!

Charles Freeborn

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by Charles Freeborn » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:40 am

I've been away from this topic for a while so I've lost track a bit.
Has there been any discussion of how PT and FZ will interact with each other?
Will I be able to generate 2-d in PC and have it flow to FZ for 3d design and visa versa?

newworld

Post by newworld » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:13 pm

Outstanding! Looking forward to purchasing.

mdhawkins

Post by mdhawkins » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:39 pm

Today is November 1, 2022.

Any update on PowerCADD 10 beta or release?

This thread started by FormZ who posted on August 26, 2022 that there would be a release of a beta in a few months. Another thread mentioned the beta followed by release of version 10 by the end of the year.

Communication with your customers goes a long way even if you are missing deadlines at least convey something. PowerCADD lost several customers over the years due to poor communication as well as failure to deliver updates.

We want our favorite CADD software to succeed...don't make it difficult for us to support you!

joseph

That old song...

Post by joseph » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:13 pm

"I can't stand it no more, no no no no..." :D

arogerr

Post by arogerr » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:42 am

mdhawkins wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:39 pm
Today is November 1, 2022.

Any update on PowerCADD 10 beta or release?

This thread started by FormZ who posted on August 26, 2022 that there would be a release of a beta in a few months. Another thread mentioned the beta followed by release of version 10 by the end of the year.

Communication with your customers goes a long way even if you are missing deadlines at least convey something. PowerCADD lost several customers over the years due to poor communication as well as failure to deliver updates.

We want our favorite CADD software to succeed...don't make it difficult for us to support you!
Couldn't have said it better. Not understanding the long delay, but eagerly awaiting timeline news of the update and upgrade costs!
Thank you!

PeterKona

Post by PeterKona » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:15 am

It's a weird conundrum. Will PowerCADD be revived before I retire? Or will my computer give up first? I've held onto older computers and OS for years to keep PCADD and mostly there's no hitch and I've been underwhelmed by Apple in the last few years anyway. Meanwhile other software moves on and I can't go that way with the old computer. Then when PowerCADD gets rebooted that will mean a new computer and a spate of upgrades--while my work life begins to fade in importance relative to the investment required in money and time to revamp my digital workspace.

But I"m glad PowerCADD is moving forward--hopefully into a new life.

Still using it to the max. Today I was just SO thankful for the WildTools Wall tool and other features as I had to clean up a messy file from ArchiCAD.

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:19 pm

PeterKona wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:15 am
It's a weird conundrum. Will PowerCADD be revived before I retire? Or will my computer give up first? I've held onto older computers and OS for years to keep PCADD and mostly there's no hitch and I've been underwhelmed by Apple in the last few years anyway. Meanwhile other software moves on and I can't go that way with the old computer. Then when PowerCADD gets rebooted that will mean a new computer and a spate of upgrades--while my work life begins to fade in importance relative to the investment required in money and time to revamp my digital workspace.

But I"m glad PowerCADD is moving forward--hopefully into a new life.

Still using it to the max. Today I was just SO thankful for the WildTools Wall tool and other features as I had to clean up a messy file from ArchiCAD.
I’m in the same boat. After I “retire”, I’d still like to be able to do the occasional project and to access 30+ years of PC files, but not looking forward to spending all my proceeds on being able to do so. My tentative back up plan is to keep PC9 alive on a 2011 17” MacBook Pro. (The computer had been having problems, which I suspected was a failing logic board, but ended up being a hard drive in “pre-failure”, so was easily fixed.)

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:00 pm

Can those working behind the scenes developing the new PowerCADD give us an update please?

NedB

Post by NedB » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:11 pm

I get the feeling that we are all going to be disappointed at the end of the day - We all have licences for the software we are currently clinging on to but what will the price point be for this new update if and when it ever appears - I for one would prefer to pay outright for the software, which I assume will be an upgrade path cost rather than a subscription, which I for one won’t be subscribing to - I can’t understand why we are not being updated on development, release date and costs - if we had answers to these questions perhaps some of us would decide enough was enough - After all we have been waiting patiently for years for this ‘update’.

c.szollosi.nj

Post by c.szollosi.nj » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Is anyone from the development team monitoring this forum or are we simply a mutual admiration or commiseration society as the case may be?