New PowerCADD screenshot!

NawrockiArchs

Re: New PowerCADD beta

Post by NawrockiArchs » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:25 pm

Might anyone know if PC10 beta will be available for review to just a few experts like Matt Arnold, Greg La Vardera, etc., or to all who would like to get their hands on it and have a look?! Also, will there be an accompanying PC10 tutorial for review?

Matt_A

Re: New PowerCADD screenshot!

Post by Matt_A » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:33 pm

whoa whoa hold on thar there babalouie!

This cowboy has his hands full for the foreseeable future, I'm definitely not planning to be in the beta test group. Not planning to buy another mac either.

First post in this thread David said he's expecting to do a beta test when it's ready. I have no inside info, but I suspect that drawing was one that Greg did with the shipping software and sent them for their in-house testing.

NawrockiArchs

Post by NawrockiArchs » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:45 pm

Sorry Matt, didn't intend to obligate you in any way! more of a compliment really.

comments show that I'm surely not the only one dying to see it/learn it/use it!!!

Robert

Post by Robert » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Babalouie...... LOL

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:30 pm

I am SOOOOO excited this is finally happening - and if there is ANY way to be a beta tester I would even pay for the privilege!

Cheers,
Ralph

lava

Re: New PowerCADD beta

Post by lava » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:25 pm

NawrockiArchs wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:25 pm
Might anyone know if PC10 beta will be available for review to just a few experts like Matt Arnold, Greg La Vardera, etc.,
No news from me –– I plan to sit out the beta period and wait till the first release is offered. I have no fall back here - when I move forward to the new PC version I have to upgrade a couple of other mission critical software packages that are now also trapped in out of date versions.

I'm only leaping once, and only in one direction - forward.
Greg La Vardera
www.lamidesign.com

lava

Post by lava » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:29 pm

Matt_A wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:33 pm
First post in this thread David said he's expecting to do a beta test when it's ready. I have no inside info, but I suspect that drawing was one that Greg did with the shipping software and sent them for their in-house testing.
Yes - thats the case. I shared that drawing to Todd before FormZ began assisting with development. Todd was testing the screen representation of the new version and I reviewed a screen shot of my drawing sheet to look for any anomalies. Looks like they are still using the drawing for testing, but I've not seen anything or had any interaction with the development team. No news here.
Greg La Vardera
www.lamidesign.com

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:50 am

"We are targeting a first beta version around the end of the month. We will share details on how to get involved in the beta process in the coming weeks".

We are "around" the end of the month. Coming weeks have come, and gone -no details shared. Missed target, again? :?:

RTCool

Post by RTCool » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:38 pm

I could possibly beta test. My current set up is less than maximally efficient: I'm working on two machines with a third in the works, running Sierra on one, High Sierra on another and dual boot Catalina and Mojave on the third.

revival architecture

Post by revival architecture » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:27 pm

So if we have proof that the updated PowerCADD software runs on Mac OS13, is it possible that those of us presently using PowerCADD, using it since Rubik's Cube was popular, can receive that updated version right away? I will be purchasing a new license if/when it comes time to pull my intern off Vectorworks, but in the meantime, I would sure love to be using it on newer Macs.