Some Fonts not loading with update to 9.1.10

PowerCADD & WildTools
JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 am

Some of my Fonts are not available after updating to 9.1.10 on Mojave.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thank you.

Joyce Weise

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 am

I had similar issues with a couple of fonts (Avant Gard & Myriad), so I downgraded to Sierra. Can you tell us what fonts you are having issues with?

johncruet48

Post by johncruet48 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:00 pm

I'm having issues with the Times font. The program asked for a replacement- Times New Roman.

But then I had issues with what was called an "unknown font." That I later discovered, was Helvetica! WTF! One of the default fonts in PowerCADD is Helvetica.

JoyceWeise

Post by JoyceWeise » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 pm

It’s basically every font mid way through the fonts that start with an "S" through the end of the alphabet. But most importantly to me Tekton and Times.

Thank you.

Joyce

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:55 pm

johncruet48 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:00 pm
I'm having issues with the Times font. The program asked for a replacement- Times New Roman.

But then I had issues with what was called an "unknown font." That I later discovered, was Helvetica! WTF! One of the default fonts in PowerCADD is Helvetica.
The Helvetica you had in the drawing might not have been the 'default' version of Helvetica that PowerCADD recognises. I've come across this problem in the past.
It's also a good idea to run the FontBook app and then select Validate Fonts from the File menu. I usually just remove any font that has a warning sign.

PowerCADD is quite fussy when it comes to fonts. I have a problem sometimes when I start using the dimension tool- the dimension text is invisible. You can just select the dimension though, and then re-assign the font. You can then 'fix' the dimension tool by using the Match or 'Match Now' key command and clicking on a good dimension after selecting the dimension tool.

By the way there's a handy tool in PowerCADD relating to fonts in drawing files. Show all layers, then select the Replace Font… command from the Text Menu. This will then give you pop-up menus. On the LH popup you can see all the fonts you've used in your drawing file and then choose to replace a selected font with one you have installed on your system. I use this a lot on older drawings as it resolves much of the font issues I encounter.

David

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:01 pm

One thing that has struck me as odd regarding PowerCADD and fonts, is that if I look at all the activated fonts in Font Book, then look at all the available fonts in a PowerCADD document, the PC font menu includes some fonts that are not activated (or even listed) in Font Book. Not sure how that happens.

As a related feature, I use very few fonts in PC documents. It would be nice if there was a way to "truncate" the PC font list, to only include the fonts that I might use in PC (so the list wouldn't be cluttered up with system fonts, etc). I'd love to have a PC font menu that only consisted of the three or four fonts that I actively use.

Matt_A

Post by Matt_A » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:17 pm

patrickm wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:01 pm
As a related feature, I use very few fonts in PC documents. It would be nice if there was a way to "truncate" the PC font list, to only include the fonts that I might use in PC (so the list wouldn't be cluttered up with system fonts, etc). I'd love to have a PC font menu that only consisted of the three or four fonts that I actively use.
Seconded. Even having the fonts that exist in the current document at the top of the list of fonts, as Word does, would be a great timesaver.