Acclimating myself to PowerCADD 9 from 6

PowerCADD & WildTools
Howard in Durham

Acclimating myself to PowerCADD 9 from 6

Post by Howard in Durham » Thu May 14, 2020 5:24 pm

As I am beginning to get familiar with PowerCADD 9, most procedures are intuitive and windows are easy to set up as I like them. I have two little puzzles concerning the general Toolbar, across the top of the drawing. Both the Show/Hide Toolbar Button and the Customize icon, (both of which are supposed to reside at the upper right end of the Toolbar) are entirely missing. I know there are work-arounds for the Customize icon, but I would like to be able to show and hide the toolbar with one button click. Any ideas?

Alfred Scott

Re: Acclimating myself to PowerCADD 9 from 6

Post by Alfred Scott » Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 pm

Howard,

You can right-click on the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar.

There is also a Hide Toolbar choice which works, but I don’t have a clue how to turn it back on.

Maybe just get used to it and leave it alone...

Alfred

Howard in Durham

Post by Howard in Durham » Thu May 14, 2020 8:07 pm

I found that the general PowerCADD preferences have a Hide Toolbar option that takes effect after quitting and re-opening PowerCADD. Does anyone like the Toolbar and find it useful? It seems unnecessary to me. After using command-P to print, command-O to open something, etc. for upwards of 30++ years, it seems mostly extraneous.

Keith Renton

Post by Keith Renton » Fri May 15, 2020 9:56 am

Hi Howard

I limit to toolbar to showing only the nudge distance (which allows you to adjust this from the tool bar), "selected" number and layer info as all of these are useful to know when drawing, I've taken everything else off.

Regards

keith

DavidScottOrkney

Post by DavidScottOrkney » Fri May 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Alfred Scott wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 pm
Howard,

You can right-click on the toolbar and choose Customize Toolbar.

There is also a Hide Toolbar choice which works, but I don’t have a clue how to turn it back on.

Maybe just get used to it and leave it alone...

Alfred
There's a 'Show toolbar' checkbox in Preferences but you have to relaunch PowerCADD for changes to take effect.

David

patrickm

Post by patrickm » Fri May 15, 2020 4:44 pm

To me, it's interesting to see how different people operate and approach similar circumstances. I learned to use PowerDraw before the toolbar really was functional, so the only thing I use it for is to change the nudge amount and to verify the drawing scale. I find key commands faster than moving my cursor up to the toolbar to print, etc.

RRichards

Post by RRichards » Fri May 15, 2020 9:50 pm

I have used the Status palette for scale, nudge, and view scale for as long as I can remember. They're all in one small palette.

Ralph