Looking for PixelTools

PowerCADD & WildTools
Howard in Durham

Looking for PixelTools

Post by Howard in Durham » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 pm

I have been running recently upgraded PowerCADD 9.1.11 with WildTools 10.1.3 v5. for about a month. Just today wanted to open the PixelTools Palette. The Palette appears, but is totally empty of tools- just an empty rectangle. The WT documentation says that PixelTools is contained within SketchTools. SketchTools is there and appears normally with its associated tools. But the PixelTools are missing from the PixelTools palette. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get to the WT PixelTools?

malcineurope

Re: Looking for PixelTools

Post by malcineurope » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:57 pm

Same here Howard. On same system

Alfred Scott

Looking for PixelTools

Post by Alfred Scott » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Malcolm,

It expired, but since January I have been working on compiling a version of WildTools that will bring all of the expired tools and features back and to run with the shipping version of PowerCADD.

I’m getting close, and in fact yesterday I used the Crop tool on a pdf image I had pasted in the drawing.

Almost everything is running smoothly. I now have the icons updating, and it feels like a whole new program with your highlight color showing in the Offset Line, Parallel Offset tools and others. The dimension tool icons have little indicators for the accuracy. I believe you have seen these before in a beta version.

My biggest unsolved problem is with the tool palette displays. The tool palette is fine, but when the tools pop out, the popped out view shows the icon frames and the two dots if the tool has a dialog routine, but no image for the icon. It’s awkward and annoying, but you can see the tool tips with the tool name.

Pray for me. This is complicated stuff!

Alfred

Howard in Durham

Re: Looking for PixelTools

Post by Howard in Durham » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Thanks Alfred. I appreciate your efforts. It seems as if programming Wild Tools is a task along the lines of the Myth of Sisyphus! Hoping the boulder finally rests on the top of the hill.